Flying with Children
With the school summer holidays upon us, many of us will be excitedly planning to take the kids abroad. A family holiday can be a great adventure and children are very adaptable to new experiences so this is a great time for them to learn about new foods and cultures. However, you may be feeling a little anxious if it's their first time on a plane. Thankfully, Sainsbury's Bank have created a guide to help you prepare for the journey.
What should you take in your hand luggage?
- One nappy for each hour you'll be travelling, plus extra for delays.
- A disposable changing mat, wet wipes, and nappy sacks.
- Expressed milk or formula, boiled water in a bottle or baby food - this can be over 100ml, but you may be asked to taste it as a security measure.
- Blankets to help comfort your child, or if the plane is cold.
- Spare clothes, in case of any spills.
How to keep the children entertained
- Make a travel journal - they can add new things to this starting with the flight.
- Photographs - Let your child have their own camera so they can document the journey.
- Learn something new - Teach them basic words from the language of their destination; use an offline app to keep them engaged.
- Audio books and music - Load an MP3 player with audio books and their favourite music.
- Tablets and readers - use offline apps/games, download ebooks, films and TV programmes, or a drawing app.
To find out about how to deal with nerves, motion sickness and ear pressure pain, you can take a look at the full guide on the Money Matters blog.
Sainsbury’s Bank - Money Matters
For more information on Sainsbury's Bank - Money Matters please click the link below
Travelling with kids?
Are we there yet?! It’s a question every adult who steps into a car with a child should be prepared to hear ad nauseam! So before climbing in for the long haul, read Raring2go!’s tips for keeping everyone in the family happy during your drive.
RSPB-Four Million Hairy Legs
Four million hairy legs per person...and they're at their biggest now!
Be Safe in the Sun!
Being out in the sun doesn't have to be a worry for you as a parent as long as you are safe and prepared
Games to play on long car journeys
Had enough of I Spy? Then have a look at our list of fun games to play with the kids in the car.
What's on this Easter
Are you looking for some fun through the Easter holidays? Maybe you want to go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Meet the Easter Bunny himself or visit somewhere new? Our What's On Guide will help you plan your diary for a packed fortnight local to you or maybe even further afield if you are feeling more adventurous! Click here and localise to get started!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here