The advantages of hypnobirthing
Childbirth is a natural physiological process that a woman's body is perfectly equipped for.
Each birth is unique, and easibirthing® is about empowering you to manage your individual experience, not fear it.
We teach you to use self-hypnosis, relaxation, visualisation and breathing methods to prepare mind and body for birth, how to use hypnosis for pain management and aim to boost your trust in your body so you enter labour feeling calm, confident and in control.
Hypnobirthing isn't teaching you how to give birth. You don't need to attend a course of any kind for that; your body and your baby already know how to bring that baby forth. What you are learning through hypnobirthing is how to gracefully step out of the way and let them get on with it.
That requires a few things:
- Trust that your body and baby can do this
- Confidence that you have the right people around you and you feel safe and comfortable enough to let go
- Familiarity with that no-higher brain, no thinking, relaxed state that you can easily slip into and tune out distractions.
The process of using hypnosis for birth preparation can be misleadingly subtle. It is an amalgamation of lots of little things that, when brought together, create a huge shift in mindset.
Sometimes couples say that their baby's birth was so swift that they didn't have time to use the hypnobirthing, as if it were a switch they forgot to press rather than the approach and preparation that led them to be calm, confident, empowered parents able to create the optimal conditions in which their baby was born.
The influence and effectiveness of using hypnosis in pregnancy and birth has been clinically proven to:
- Reduce morning sickness (and hyperemesis gravid arum)
- Reduce incidence of premature labour
- Reduce anxiety and therefore having positive effects on mum and baby in pregnancy, during birth and post-natally
- Assist in turning babies into the vertex anterior position from breech and back-to-back position
- Reduce length of labour,
- Reduce use of chemical analgesia and anaesthesia
- Reduce rates of both intervention and complication
- Reduce incidence of postpartum depression
- Increase the chances of positive postnatal reflection
- Promote lactation and successful breastfeeding
Our next Hypnobirthing course dates in Salisbury are Saturday 21st & 28th July 2018 (10am-1.30pm both days)
All courses up to December 2018 are £120 (£180 for woman and birth partner). This price includes handouts and a full set of 5 mp3 tracks to accompany course content.
Booking and payment can be made directly through our website on http://www.easibirthing.co.uk/booking/advanced-courses
One to one appointments are also available at our 15 New Street, Salisbury office. Each session costs £80 for 1.5 hours duration. I hold Monday and Wednesday evening, and Monday, Tuesday and Thursday daytime clinics in Salisbury.
"Thank you so much in helping us with another brilliant birth experience-it was really powerful. I really feel like it gave me that extra bit of inner strength and belief I needed.
Kat and Jon, second easibirthing® birth
Article by Sharon Mustard, easibirthing® Salisbury