5minutes cooking time
- 1 banana (can be over ripe
- 2 eggs
- Maple syrup
- chocolate spread
- Yoghurt-soya, greek, natural
- Nuts and seeds
- Icecream (probably not for breakfast!)
- Mash a banana in a bowl
- Break 2 eggs into the banana and mix (you could put the eggs and banana in a liquidiser, but I find mashing just as easy)
- Add a little fat (I use lard) to a frying pan
- Use a large spoon to put the mixture into a warm pan. Cook on medium until the bottom is golden and the edges are cooked. Flip the pancake over and cook the second side.
- Repeat until all of the mix is used. I cook about 2 at a time and the mix makes about 4 pancakes.
- Serve with your choice of toppings. I like yoghurt, frozen berries warmed through in a pan whilst the pancakes are cooking, and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds, but I'm sure chocolate spread would work too!
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our Digital Content and Strategy Manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.