.Not Suitable for freezing
30minutes cooking time
.220 C°, 450 F°, Gas Mark 8
For the Batter
- 285 ml milk
- 125 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- You can use any sausages you like - I tend to do a mixture as the kids like chipolatas best. The amount of sausages will also depend on how many your family eat! I do about 5 normal and 4 chipolatas-suits us!
- Make the batter by whisking all of the ingredients together and setting to one side.
- Put 2 tbsp of oil into an oven proof dish, place in the oven on Gas Mark 8 until the oil is smoking hot (about 5-10 mins)
- Add the sausages and the batter very slowly - The oil is so hot it may spit so take extra care! Turn the oven down to Gas Mark 6.
- Put the dish back into the oven for about 25 mins - do not open the oven door during this time.
- Serve with anything you like - we love it with mashed potato, vegetables and gravy.