Stuffed Chicken with Herbs
.Not Suitable for freezing
35minutes cooking time
.180 C°, 350 F°, Gas Mark 4
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion, chopped finely
- 4 Rashers Bacon, chopped
- 1 lb Gruyere Cheese, grated
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Sage (I use dried)
- 2 tbsp Basil (I use dried)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4
- Melt 1/2 butter in a frying pan, add the onion and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the bacon and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in the cheese, egg, herbs and salt and pepper
- Mix Well
- Halve the chicken, pound to flatten
- Spoon some of the mixture into the centre of each breast
- Secure them closed with cocktail sticks
- Dot with remaining butter and cook in the over for about 30 mins.
This is great served with rice or layered potatoes and vegetables.