.Not Suitable for freezing
10minutes cooking time
- Lamb chops, or your favourite cut.
- A pinch of chilli powder
- A small pinch of cayenne powder
- A pinch of turmeric
- Seasoning-salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
For the couscous salad
- 150g/5oz couscous, cooked according to packet instructions
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Chopped dried apricots
- Chopped almonds
- This will make enough for 2 people as a meal or more if you are having smaller portions at a picnic. If you are feeding lots of mouths cook enough lamb and increase the amounts of all other ingredients. You can add as little or as much of the spices to the lamb depending on how spicy you want it.
- For the spiced lamb, rub the lamb chop with the chilli powder, cayenne pepper, turmeric and season.
- Preheat a pan and add the oil. Add the lamb and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- For the couscous salad, heat the oil in a pan and add the red onion and pepper. Cook until soft. Add the apricots and take off the heat.
- Mix together the couscous and the onion and pepper mixture.
- To serve you can mix cut up the lamb and mix it into the couscous.
Delicious hot or cold. It will last for a couple of days in the fridge.