Hidden Vegetable Pasta Sauce
30minutes cooking time
- 3 Carrots
- 2 Red Peppers
- 2 Onions
- 2 Corguettes
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Celery
- Passatta or tomatoes cooked down
- 1 tbs Mixed Herbs
- 500ml Vegetable stock (optional-makes the dish go further)
- 1 tsp Chilli powder or flakes
- 1 tsp Paprika
- A handful of Mushrooms
- 1 leek
- Chop all of the veg nice and small so that it cooks quicker.
- Drizzle a little oil into a large saucepan and soften the onions for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add all of the other vegetables and soften slightly.
- Add chopped tomatoes or passatta and stock and cook for 20mins.
- Remove from the heat and blitz until smooth with a hand blender or liquidiser.
- You can freeze this in smaller batches and just defrost the right portions as and when you need.
Photo by Jason Leung on Unsplash
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our Digital Content and Strategy Manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.