.Not Suitable for freezing
5minutes cooking time
For the Pasta Dough
- 140g All purpose flour
- 2 eggs
For the Filling
- 55g Ricotta
- 30gr mozzarella, chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 10 olives, chopped
- 15g Parmigiano cheese
- Pinch of oregano
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the sauce - Pesto Genovese
- 50g basil
- 25g Parmigiano cheese
- 5 soup spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cloves of garlic
- 50g pine nuts
- Pinch of salt
For the Pasta
- Put the flour with the salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle then crack the eggs into the well, one at a time. Using your fingertips, mix well and begin to knead the fresh mixture into fresh dough.
- Put the dough on a table and knead well with both hands until the dough is smooth and elastic, rolling it out using a rolling pin if needed.
For the Filling
- mix the ricotta, mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, olives and Parmesan, adding a pinch of oregano, salt and pepper.
For the Sauce
- Inside a mixer put the ingredients in the following order: basil, extra virgin oil, Parmigiano, salt and garlic. Mix all until the ingredients turn into a creamy and minced sauce.
- Toast the pine nuts for about 5 - 10
- Roll the pasta to as thin as possible and using a pasta cutter or a knife, gently cut into squares.
- Spoon out a teaspoon of the filling into the centre of each pasta square.
For the Ravioli
- Carefully fold each pasta square diagonally and pinch the edges until closed. Then bring the corners together with your fingers and squeeze together.
- Cook the ravioli in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water and simmer gently for 4 minutes, avoiding overcooking.
- Drain the ravioli thoroughly and finish by serving with the pesto sauce on top. Finally add the toasted pine nuts.
Cook's tip: If you don't have all of the fresh ingredients available, why not try Giovanni Rana's Simply Italian fresh filled pasta range, available in six delicious varieties including chicken & mozzarella, spinach & ricotta and Italian cheeses. Based on homemade Italian family recipes, they are simple and quick to prepare in less than 5 minutes. RRP ‚£1.99.
If you have the luxury of time, why not try Mr Giovanni Rana’s unique recipe for these traditional Italian treasures: Mozeralla, tomato and olive ravioli with pesto Genovese, using his short film and the recipe below.