Pork loin with white wine and sage pesto
.Not Suitable for freezing
6minutes cooking time
- 16 slices of lean pork loin (each slice needs to be approximately 8cm in diameter and roughly ½ cm thick)
- 25 leaves of sage
- 50g freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- 25g peeled almonds
- 1 clove of garlic (peeled)
- ½ glass of white wine
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oilSalt and pepper to taste
- Wash the sage leaves and place in a food processor with the almonds, garlic, cheese and 3 tablespoons of oil. Blitz for 20 second until you create a smooth sage pesto.
- With the help of a sharp knife, make small cuts on the edges of the slices of pork so when you cook them the meat will not curl.
- Spread the sage pesto on 8 slices of pork and cover with the remaining 8 creating a sandwich effect.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and start to fry the pork sandwiches on one side for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the meat over and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the wine and continue to cook for 4 minutes turning the meat at least once more.
- Once ready, serve immediately 2 meat sandwiches per portion with your favourite crispy salad to accompany.