.Not Suitable for freezing
- 250 ml Milk
- 1 scoop vanilla Icecream
- Handful of fruit (this depends what flavour your children like) When I was little Mum used to make banana milkshakes with the bananas that were too black for anyone else to eat! Any berries-strawberrries, raspberries or blueberries would work great. You could try mango, peach, or anything else that takes your fancy!
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence or extract
- To sweeten you can use milkshake powder, honey or even a little coconut milk or cream.
- Pour all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, add a straw and an umbrella!
This is such a simple yet tasty recipe with hundreds of variations-next I'm going to try milk, banana, chocolate icecream and peanut butter! (not the healthiest option but sure sounds yummy to me!)
Other variations could include dessicated coconut, frozen orange juice, chocolate and hazelnut spread, yoghurt, cinnamon - the options are endless!
Your children can help make them and they will love drinking them! A perfect drink for children on a hot summers day is a delicious milkshake - it is also a chance to get some fruit into them!