.Not Suitable for freezing
- 12 cupcakes, baked in coloured foil liners, cooled
- 1/4 cup each red and green decorating sugar
- 24 mini vanilla wafers
- 1 can (16 oz.) vanilla frosting
- 4 orange fruit slices
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate frosting
- 1 cup white decorating sugar
- 6 each red and green licorice twists
- 24 pink large sprinkles
- 24 mini brown M&M's
- Place the red and green sugars in separate shallow bowls.
- Spread a thin layer of vanilla frosting on top of the mini vanilla wafers to cover.
- Press the top of 12 wafers into the red sugar to coat.
- Repeat with the remaining 12 wafers and press into the green sugar. Set aside.
- Cut 12 1-inch triangles from the orange slices to make the noses.
- Spoon the dark chocolate frosting into a freezer-weight ziplock bag.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the vanilla frosting into a freezer-weight ziplock bag.
- Place the white decorating sugar in a shallow bowl. Spread the remaining frosting on top of cupcakes and make a smooth mound.
- Roll the tops of the frosted cupcakes into the white sugar to cover completely.
- Add the cut orange candy as the nose in the center of the cupcake.
- Add the chocolate candies as the eyes. Snip a very small corner from the bag with the chocolate frosting and pipe a mouth.
- Add the pink sprinkles as cheeks.
- Cut the licorice twists into 12 6-inch lengths for the bands of the earmuffs. Insert the 2 cut ends into either side of the cupcake for the headband. Snip a small corner from the bag with the vanilla frosting.
- Pipe a dot of vanilla frosting on either side where the licorice enters the cupcake.
- Add the like coloured vanilla wafers as the muffs.
- Repeat with the remaining cupcakes