Torta Paradiso con Mascapone
25minutes cooking time
- 250g butter, just melted, for greasing
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- 25g cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g mascarpone cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Line a 25cm shallow round cake tin with baking parchment and grease with a little butter.
- Using a balloon whisk, whip the melted butter into the sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually sift the flour, cornflour and baking powder together over the mixture, carefully folding it in with the balloon whisk.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
- Turn out and cool on a wire rack, then cut horizontally into two layers.
- Beat the mascarpone with the caster sugar and a few drops of vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spread the jam over the bottom cake layer, then cover with the mascarpone mixture.
- Top with the other cake layer, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Antonio Carluccio-The Godfather of Italian food moved to London in 1975 to open his own restaurant and chain of Carluccio's Caffes. One half of the successful Two Greedy Italians Antonio has written over 13 bestselling books.
Antonio has now joined Raring2go! to share some of his best recipes with you.