8minutes cooking time
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 ready to eat dried apricots, chopped
- 4 tbsp water
- 150 ml milk
- 15g porridge oats (3 tbsp)
- Put the fruit into a saucepan together with the water. Cover and cook for about 6 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, put the milk and porridge oats in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and then simmer, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes.
- Combine the fruit and the porridge and blend together.
Image Credit: Dorling Kindersley
Make up portions of the fruit puree and freezes. Then you can thaw them overnight, ready to mix with your baby porridge in the morning. As your baby gets older you can simply stir in rather than puree.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children's cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago â a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world's top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children's food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK's leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.