45minutes cooking time
- 175 g (6 oz) rolled oats
- 70 g (2 1/2 oz) coarsely chopped pecans
- 20 g (3/4 oz) shredded/desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 120 g (41/2 oz) soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp canola or sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 25 g (1 oz) cranberries
- 25 g (1 oz) raisins
- Pre-heat the oven to 150ºC/300ºF/Gas 2.
- Put the oats, nuts, coconut, salt and sugar in a large bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Whisk the oil and syrup together in a jug or small bowl.
- Pour over the oats and mix well.
- Spread out on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake in the centre of the oven for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, stir in the raisins and leave to cool.
This Christmas recipe is also very good on its own as a snack or layered with yoghurt, honey and fruit.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children's cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago â a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world's top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children's food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK's leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.