10minutes cooking time
- 45 g couscous
- 125 ml hot vegetable stock
- 20g red pepper, diced
- 20g carrot , peeled and diced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 ½ tbsp pine nuts toasted
- Salad Dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp honey
- salt and pepperÃ‚
- Put the couscous in a bowl.
- Pour over the hot vegetable stock and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork.
- Stir in the diced vegetables, raisins and pine nuts.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and stir into the couscous.
- Season to taste.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children's cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago â a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world's top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children's food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK's leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.