22minutes cooking time
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 chicken breasts, skin removed
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 200g baby courgettes, sliced
- 250ml white wine
- 1 level tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 150ml double cream
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 50g spinach, roughly chopped
- 50g baby cherry tomatoes, halved
- Small bunch basil roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat half the oil in a saucepan or frying pan.
- Season the chicken breasts, then brown for about one-and-a-half minutes until lightly golden and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil, then add the onion and courgettes and toss together.
- Add the white wine and bring up to the boil. Mix the flour with 2 tbsp of cold water, then add to the pan.
- Put the browned chicken breasts on top of the courgettes and onions, cover with a lid and gently simmer for about 15 minutes until just cooked, then remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the double cream, parmesan and spinach and stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Season and add the cherry tomatoes.
- Carve the chicken breast into slices and arrange on a serving plate, then pour over the vegetable sauce and sprinkle with the chopped basil.
Antonio Carluccio-The Godfather of Italian food moved to London in 1975 to open his own restaurant and chain of Carluccio's Caffes. One half of the successful Two Greedy Italians Antonio has written over 13 bestselling books.
Antonio has now joined Raring2go! to share some of his best recipes with you.