80minutes cooking time
- 4 medium baking potatoes (approx 225g each)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 30 g butter
- 5 tbsp milk
- 60g grated Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 4 small Cherry tomatoes
- 4 Radishes
- Spring onions
- Wash the potatoes and pat dry. Prick them all over with a fork and put on a baking tray. Brush them over with the oil.
- Bake the potatoes in an oven preheated to 200°C/400°F oven for about an hour until they are soft.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut the tops off and carefully scoop out the soft potato centres.
- Mash the soft centres with the butter, milk, three quaters of the cheese, salt and pepper. Then pop the mixture back into the potato jackets.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the potatoes and cook under the grill for a few minutes until golden.
- Make a nose and whiskers with half a tomato held in place with a cocktail stick and chives tucked behind.
- Finish decorating with raisin eyes, radish ears and spring onion tails.
Annabel Karmel MBE
Mother of three Annabel Karmel continues to reign as the UK's No.1 children's cookery author, best-selling international author, and a leading expert on devising delicious, nutritious meals for babies, children and families.
Since launching with The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner 25 years ago â a book which has become the 2nd best-selling non-fiction hardback of all time - Annabel has written 43 books selling over four million copies worldwide.
Coupled with a vast digital following, recipe apps, cookbook-inspired supermarket food ranges and menus in some of the world's top leisure resorts and hotels, Annabel has become a leading pillar for parents who want to give their growing family the very best start in life. Because of this she was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours for her outstanding work in the field of child nutrition in 2006.
Whilst remaining a regular media commentator on children's food issues, Annabel is recognised as one of the UK's leading female entrepreneurs, becoming an inspirational role model for other rising stars, business start-ups, women in business and parents returning to work.