15minutes cooking time
- 500g plain flour
- 250g butter or margarine
- 140g icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven
- Rub together the flour, icing sugar and butter to make breadcrumbs (you can use a food processor but for children hands are more fun!)
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix with your hands until it sticks together
- If you have time chill for 30 minutes but my kids are usually too impatient so we use it straight away!
- Roll out to about 5mm thick on a floured surface.
- Use cutters of any shape.
- Bake on a baking tray for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack
- Decorate with icing or melted chocolate or leave plain-still delicious.
- You can adapt the recipe by adding chocolate chips or use wholemeal flour.
Try these delicious nutella cupcakes - easy for the kids to make too!
Autumn Apple Cake
A gooey apple and raisin cake, sandwiched with apple jam
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Another tasty recipe you and the children can bake together!
Homemade Strawberry Jam
Homemade strawberry jam made from surplus fruit
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here