15minutes cooking time
- 500g plain flour
- 250g butter or margarine
- 140g icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven
- Rub together the flour, icing sugar and butter to make breadcrumbs (you can use a food processor but for children hands are more fun!)
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix with your hands until it sticks together
- If you have time chill for 30 minutes but my kids are usually too impatient so we use it straight away!
- Roll out to about 5mm thick on a floured surface.
- Use cutters of any shape.
- Bake on a baking tray for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack
- Decorate with icing or melted chocolate or leave plain-still delicious.
- You can adapt the recipe by adding chocolate chips or use wholemeal flour.
Very Cheesy Nibbles
These are sooo easy to make, and simply delicious!
Campfire Chocolate Orange Brownies
Next time you have a campfire going, get the kids involved in making these lovely chocolate orange brownies. Not only are they really easy to make, but they're great to eat too!
A nod to St Patrick's Day, a delicious Guinness cake!
Royal icing sets hard and is a great way to decorate biscuits.
What's on this Easter
Are you looking for some fun through the Easter holidays? Maybe you want to go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Meet the Easter Bunny himself or visit somewhere new? Our What's On Guide will help you plan your diary for a packed fortnight local to you or maybe even further afield if you are feeling more adventurous! Click here and localise to get started!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here