10minutes cooking time
- 175g unsalted softened butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6 and lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- For the cookie dough cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until it looks pale and fluffy.
- Beat in an egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour, cream of tartar and bicarbonate soda together into a separate bowl.
- Then mix them into the butter mixture to form a soft dough.
- Break off pieces of dough about the size of a small conker and form into balls.
- To coat; mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl, then roll the dough balls in the bowl to coat evenly.
- Place the coated dough balls on to the greased baking sheets (spaced well apart otherwise they will stick). Bake for approx. 8 -10 minutes until they are a light golden colour.
- Transfer to wire cooling rack.
A fool proof recipe that the whole family will love to eat!
Try these delicious nutella cupcakes - easy for the kids to make too!
Dairy Free Cupcakes
Just because you can't eat dairy does not mean you should miss out on eating cupcakes...
Royal icing sets hard and is a great way to decorate biscuits.
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!