Healthy Pasta Salad
15minutes cooking time
- Weighing scales
- Large saucepan
- Chopping boards
- Sharp knives
- Tin opener
- 2 mugs mixed coloured pasta
- 6 spring onions
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- ½ cucumber
- 1 small tin chickpeas or beans
- Small tin of sweet corn
- 100g light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Ground black pepper to season
- 1.Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Cut the spring onion into 0.5cm pieces using scissors.
- Cut up the pepper, tomatoes and cucumber into small pieces
- Juice the lemon
- Drain the sweet corn and beans and wash under the tap
- When pasta is cooked drain and cool under cold running water
- Place into a large bowl and mix in the cream cheese
- Add the pepper, onion and cucumber and stir well
- Add the sweet corn or beans and stir well
- Add the herbs, mustard, lemon juice and black pepper
This is an example of one of the recipes from the Dudley Cooking in the Curriculum Programme'.
If you would like further information about the Dudley Healthy Schools Cooking in the Curriculum Programme please contact Anna Hill firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Mackerel with Spinach (Macher Chorchori)
Based on the traditional Bengali dish known as ‘chorchori’ (medley) this is variation which I learnt to cook from my father
Turkey Tips from Farmer Booth
Turkey Tips from Farmer Booth...
Leek, Parsnip and Chestnut Soup
I’m a real soup lover and none are complete without the addition of leeks. However, rather than just using leeks as a background flavour, I really want to bring them to life, and pair them with ingredients they really love.
Leek, Stewed Venison and Wild Mushroom Pies
A proper pie that has a crispy, pastry top. Yum! Give this rich, full bodied pie a go, I can promise you that the combination of delicious British leeks, with venison and wild mushrooms are a match made in heaven.
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Try the multi‑award winning online reading programme for ages 2–13. Designed by expert educators, it's the proven way to help your child learn to read and prepare for school while having fun.
Reading Eggs makes learning to read easy and fun for young kids — and it really works!