Healthy Pasta Salad
15minutes cooking time
- Weighing scales
- Large saucepan
- Chopping boards
- Sharp knives
- Tin opener
- 2 mugs mixed coloured pasta
- 6 spring onions
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- ½ cucumber
- 1 small tin chickpeas or beans
- Small tin of sweet corn
- 100g light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Ground black pepper to season
- 1.Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Cut the spring onion into 0.5cm pieces using scissors.
- Cut up the pepper, tomatoes and cucumber into small pieces
- Juice the lemon
- Drain the sweet corn and beans and wash under the tap
- When pasta is cooked drain and cool under cold running water
- Place into a large bowl and mix in the cream cheese
- Add the pepper, onion and cucumber and stir well
- Add the sweet corn or beans and stir well
- Add the herbs, mustard, lemon juice and black pepper
This is an example of one of the recipes from the Dudley Cooking in the Curriculum Programme'.
If you would like further information about the Dudley Healthy Schools Cooking in the Curriculum Programme please contact Anna Hill email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chicken and Pea Risotto
This is a really simple, but tasty meal.
Treat the family to pizza with a difference
Chicken, Sausage & Bacon Kebabs BBQ Recipe
Do your kids love to cook? They'll love helping with this
Like a sausage casserole but with the added scone topping!
Join Explore Learning and save £50
Since 2001 over 200,000 children have excelled academically, reached their potential and achieved the best possible results with Explore Learning. Mapped to the school curriculum, we ensure children progress academically and develop socially, changing their attitude towards learning.
Win with Raring2go!
Everyone likes to receive goodies in the post don't they?! With our regular competitions you are always in with a great chance of winning (as long as you enter of course!) Head on over to our competitions page and see what is on offer this month-you need to be a member, but that's free and easy to do! Go on, what are you waiting for?! Get winning!