Healthy Pasta Salad
15minutes cooking time
- Weighing scales
- Large saucepan
- Chopping boards
- Sharp knives
- Tin opener
- 2 mugs mixed coloured pasta
- 6 spring onions
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- ½ cucumber
- 1 small tin chickpeas or beans
- Small tin of sweet corn
- 100g light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Ground black pepper to season
- 1.Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Cut the spring onion into 0.5cm pieces using scissors.
- Cut up the pepper, tomatoes and cucumber into small pieces
- Juice the lemon
- Drain the sweet corn and beans and wash under the tap
- When pasta is cooked drain and cool under cold running water
- Place into a large bowl and mix in the cream cheese
- Add the pepper, onion and cucumber and stir well
- Add the sweet corn or beans and stir well
- Add the herbs, mustard, lemon juice and black pepper
This is an example of one of the recipes from the Dudley Cooking in the Curriculum Programme'.
If you would like further information about the Dudley Healthy Schools Cooking in the Curriculum Programme please contact Anna Hill firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Cathryn’s absolute favourites, a Waldorf Salad. The fresh flavours make for a perfect light lunch and as an added bonus; the meal is full of good dietary fibre. Result!
Leek and Pulled Ham Bubble and Squeak
It’s a wonder what to do with leftovers from a Sunday lunch.
Warm Summer Salad
This is a great alternative to a traditional salad.
Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a Butter, Almond, Sage and Honey Granish
Why not try Giovanni Rana’s recipe for this traditional Italian summer favourite, Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a butter and almond garnish, as created by Mr Giovanni Rana and Antonella Rana in this short film.
What's on this Easter
Are you looking for some fun through the Easter holidays? Maybe you want to go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Meet the Easter Bunny himself or visit somewhere new? Our What's On Guide will help you plan your diary for a packed fortnight local to you or maybe even further afield if you are feeling more adventurous! Click here and localise to get started!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here