Healthy Pasta Salad
15minutes cooking time
- Weighing scales
- Large saucepan
- Chopping boards
- Sharp knives
- Tin opener
- 2 mugs mixed coloured pasta
- 6 spring onions
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- ½ cucumber
- 1 small tin chickpeas or beans
- Small tin of sweet corn
- 100g light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Ground black pepper to season
- 1.Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Cut the spring onion into 0.5cm pieces using scissors.
- Cut up the pepper, tomatoes and cucumber into small pieces
- Juice the lemon
- Drain the sweet corn and beans and wash under the tap
- When pasta is cooked drain and cool under cold running water
- Place into a large bowl and mix in the cream cheese
- Add the pepper, onion and cucumber and stir well
- Add the sweet corn or beans and stir well
- Add the herbs, mustard, lemon juice and black pepper
This is an example of one of the recipes from the Dudley Cooking in the Curriculum Programme'.
If you would like further information about the Dudley Healthy Schools Cooking in the Curriculum Programme please contact Anna Hill email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Giovanni Rana’s mozzarella, tomatoes and olives ravioli
If you have the luxury of time, why not try Mr Giovanni Rana’s unique recipe for these traditional Italian treasures: Mozeralla, tomato and olive ravioli with pesto Genovese, using his short film and the recipe below.
This delicious family favourite can be adapted for everyone
Leek, Parsnip and Chestnut Soup
I’m a real soup lover and none are complete without the addition of leeks. However, rather than just using leeks as a background flavour, I really want to bring them to life, and pair them with ingredients they really love.
Chip shop cod fillets
Served with homemade curry sauce, chips & minted mushy peas.
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here