Healthy Pasta Salad
15minutes cooking time
- Weighing scales
- Large saucepan
- Chopping boards
- Sharp knives
- Tin opener
- 2 mugs mixed coloured pasta
- 6 spring onions
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- ½ cucumber
- 1 small tin chickpeas or beans
- Small tin of sweet corn
- 100g light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Ground black pepper to season
- 1.Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Cut the spring onion into 0.5cm pieces using scissors.
- Cut up the pepper, tomatoes and cucumber into small pieces
- Juice the lemon
- Drain the sweet corn and beans and wash under the tap
- When pasta is cooked drain and cool under cold running water
- Place into a large bowl and mix in the cream cheese
- Add the pepper, onion and cucumber and stir well
- Add the sweet corn or beans and stir well
- Add the herbs, mustard, lemon juice and black pepper
This is an example of one of the recipes from the Dudley Cooking in the Curriculum Programme'.
If you would like further information about the Dudley Healthy Schools Cooking in the Curriculum Programme please contact Anna Hill firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Chinese Take Away at Home
Its really easy, here is our Thai Green Curry...
Ham baked in Ginger Ale
This is a delicious meal for any Sunday lunch (make sure your ham is big enough for leftovers the next day!
Rice and Raisin Pilaf
For a dinner party dish, you’ll be ‘hostess with the mostess’ with Cathryn’s delicious raisin and rice pilaf. This humble dish is a blend of both sweet and savoury flavours with a regal past, once served at banquets for Alexander the Great.
Tangy Chicken and Mango Fajitas
Why not join the fajita craze with taste developer Andrea Lembke, who’s serving up her favourite dish with a twist this summer with her favourite recipe for Tangy Chicken and Mango fajitas
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
Advent Calendar Competition
We are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Forest Holidays, Kidz Bop, BeGenio, Littlelife, Daisy & Ollie, Pip Ahoy, My Fairy Garden, Superfast Thermapen, Smiggle, Start-rite and Rubys Books!!