Wild In Art Trails across the UK 2018
GO WILD ON UK ART TRAILS THIS SUMMER
Free, fun, family-friendly art trails in cities to entertain this summer holidays.
Find giant sculptures of hares, penguins, giraffes, robins and bees this summer. Norwich, Dundee, Worcester, Nottingham and Manchester will be home to hundreds of huge fibreglass animals individually painted by different artists. The colourful art trails by Wild in Art in support of local charities will weave through the streets, parks and open spaces to entertain everybody that discovers them.
Available to all and free of charge to enjoy, the vibrant, quirky canvases will be unmissable talking points. Trail-goers will be able to pick up a map from information points in the city or download an app to track and record progress to get exclusive content or special rewards.
In the Midlands there are 30 Giraffe sculptures standing 2.5 metres tall in Worcester (Worcester Stands Tall, until 16 September) and 30 Robins to find perched in Nottingham (Hoodwinked, until 30 September).
Over in the East of England 68 majestic Hares over 1.6 metres in height have hopped into Norwich and across Norfolk (GoGoHares, until 8 September).
In Scotland, 80 Penguins have waddled into Dundee (Maggie’s Penguin Parade, until 7 September) and in Manchester there’s more than 100 Bees causing a buzz (Bee in the City, from 23 July until 23 September).
You’ll also discover smaller sculptures decorated by local children and young people displayed in culture and leisure venues such as libraries, museums and shopping centres. After everybody has enjoyed them on the art trail, these mini versions are returned to the schools and groups that created them to keep.
Meanwhile, the supersized sculptures will continue their good work: after making hundreds of thousands of people smile over the summer they will be available to buy at auctions to raise funds for the charities.
Find your nearest event at wildinart.co.uk.
TOP TIPS FOR GOING WILD
- Wear comfy shoes. You’ll be clocking up thousands of steps and getting fitter without even realising it as you move from one sculpture to the next.
- What about cycling or running some of the trails to brighten up your workout?
- Take a camera. With beautiful artwork by local, national and international artists, you’ll want to record and share your sculpture finds. The sculptures are in some iconic locations with picturesque backdrops, so it’ll be hard to resist taking a snap and a selfie.
- Make a day or even a holiday of it. With art trails this year consisting of between 30 and 100 giant sculptures, you’ll want to plan your trip to make sure you can see as many as possible. Be warned, you’ll want to return again and again to make sure you’ve bagged them all!
- Discover somewhere new. The trails show off a city’s famous and lesser known cultural gems. So even if you think you know a place, follow the sculptures and be surprised about what’s on your doorstep.
- Get inspired. Each artwork is unique and tells a story. You can’t help but stop and reflect on the topics, which range from the environment, history, and industry, to the city’s vibrant communities, famous exports, or characters. You’ll also find striking sculptures inspired by the work of the charities and the people they’re supporting.
- Download the apps. With a GPS-enabled map to help you on your way around the trail, the app lets you find and ‘unlock’ sculptures to collect trophies along the way! You can also upload your photos to the gallery and keep track of your trail statistics. The apps are available to download from the App Store and Google Play.
- Soak up the atmosphere. There will also be special activities taking place around the cities to get involved with, from world-record attempts and creativity festivals, to mass keep fit sessions and displays of all the trail’s sculptures in one place ahead the auction. Meet fellow sculpture spotters and enjoy fun-filled days with family and friends.
- Find out about the auction. Fallen in love with the sculptures and want a supersized memento? They are available to the highest bidders wanting statement pieces for their gardens, office foyers, or neighbourhoods. You’ll need to dig deep though as they can fetch between £5,000 and £25,000.
With a number of very special artists and famous faces involved in creating them, some sculptures are expected to be record-breaking.
Wild in Art Summer 2018 Art Trails
Location: Norwich, Norfolk
Trail: 24 June - 8 September
Maggie’s Penguin Parade 2018
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Trail: 29 June - 7 September
Worcester Stands Tall 2018
Location: Worcester, West Midlands
Trail: 9 July - 16 September
Hoodwinked: A Twist on the Tale 2018
Location: Nottingham, East Midlands
Trail: 7 July - 30 September
Bee in the City 2018
Location: Manchester, UK
Trail: 23 July - 23 September
Wild in Art Autumn 2018 Art Trails
Snowdogs Discover Ashford
Location: Ashford, UK
Trail: 12 September - 18 November
Snailspace Brighton & Hove
Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Trail: 15 September - 18 November
Wild in Art
Wild in Art is a leading producer of spectacular, mass-appeal public art events that connect businesses, artists and communities through the power of creativity and innovation.
To find your nearest event click the link below
Roald Dahl 100!
Raring2go! celebrates 100 years of Roald Dahl in 2016
Summer 2018 exhibitions at Compton Verney
Raring2go! went along to find out all about the exhibitions at Compton Verney this summer
The Fireworks Code-Poster
Print of our Fireworks Code poster to keep your children safe this November!
Firework Safety code for adults and children-be safe this November
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!