Santa's Grottos across the Midlands
Where are you taking your little ones to see Santa this year? Father Christmas can be spotted all over the Midlands in the next few weeks. Have a look here for ideas here:
Every weekend from Sat 7 December and 23rd and 24th December, 10-5pm. Visit Father Christmas at Rays Farm, nr Bridgnorth. See baby Jesus in the donkeys stable with Mary, Joseph, the Three Kings and the Wise Men. Chat to Father Christmas as he prepares the children’s toys for that magical night. See Rudolph and friends waiting to pull the sleigh full of presents. Pre-booking essential 01299 841255.
Santa will be making his entry at Webbs of Wychbold on 9th November! Children can then visit him in his grotto throughout the festive period: wander through the winter wonderland grotto and see the animated elves in their workshop before meeting Father Christmas. Meet the real reindeer each weekend for free!
Santa will also be at Webbs in Hagley from 16th November. Booking in advance is the only way to guarantee entry to the grotto on the day/time you require. Book in-store or at www.webbsdirect.co.uk
Meet Mother Christmas in her grotto and take part in a trail around the gardens, spotting clues along the way. See the farm animals - the stars of the nativity!
A wonderful event which includes a magical train ride past the rarest animals as you head to see Santa in his Grotto set within the 11th century castle, See Santa's real reindeer too. Price includes Zoo admission. Book online.
A truly wonderful experience for all the family! See Santa and Mrs Claus at the Red House Glass Cone and take part in the winter trail around the local attraction. It's indoor too - so you can stay out of the cold! See all the beautifully decorated Christmas Trees too.
Santa will be returning to the SnowDome for the 15th year in a Winter Wonderland in the snow! As well as his reindeer he'll be bringing all of his friends for some serious festive fun the weather cannot spoil. With all the real snow, real animals and all new Winter Wonderland show, it's the ultimate Christmas adventure for all the family. Open from 15th November.
Christmas boat trips for families along Dudley Canals. Enjoy a hilarious family show in the secret underground cavern. Then head off to see Santa. Gift for each child and mince pie for grown ups. Prebooking is essential. Opens 1st December.
Make this year's visit to see Santa a special one by travelling on the Severn Valley Railway. Taking a magical steam train journey along the beautiful Severn Valley from Kidderminster to see Santa in his grotto at Arley.
Enchanted Christmas Kingdom returns to Hatton Adventure World from 30 November - 24 December. Visitors of all ages can experience a magical Christmas plus see Father Christmas in his Grotto. It's that special time of year when Rudolph and the other reindeers will be flying me into Hatton's enchanted Christmas for a full programme of festive fun.
10. Christmas at the Castle
A traditional Christmas celebration awaits at Hartlebury Castle and Museum on 7th and 8th December. See Father Christmas in a winter wonderland grotto. Children will enjoy the craft activities and carriage rides on offer. Browse the Christmas stalls and listen to local choirs. No need to book. Usual admission applies (plus small fee to see Santa.)
11. See Santa's Cottage at Arley Arboretum
Enjoy a family festive walk around Arley Arborteum this Christmas (kids go free throughout December!) Meet Santa in his cosy cottage and post your wish list in his letterbox. £7 per child, including gift. New this year: Enjoy Tea with Santa and Mrs Claus. £17.50 per adult, £12.50 per child.
12. Santa Boat Trip
Enjoy a festive boat trip along Stourbridge canals from the Bonded Warehouse. Tickets are £9.50 each. Price includes a gift for the child, and free mulled wine for the parents. 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd December.
13. Enjoy a Victorian Christmas at Blists Hill
See Father Christmas in his grotto, chat to the costumed townsfolk about a Christmases gone by in their shops, cottages and places of work, all of which will be decorated ready for the festive season. Enjoy the sounds of a festive Brass Band. 7th, 8th, 14th and 15th December.
14. Santa Safari Spectacular at West Midland Safari Park
Whilst meeting Santa will be the highlight for many, there is so much more to see and do...
Winter Safari - Four miles of drive-through safari. See cheetah, lions, elephants, giraffe and more!
Discovery Trail - Fabulous all-weather attractions and festive shows. Plus, snow guaranteed for a real winter wonderland experience! Weekends from 16th November.
15. See Santa in his Grotto at Scallywags. From 7th December, see Santa at Scallywags near Merry Hill. There's the chance to make a teddy bear too. Organised by Scallywags Indoor Play. Book online via the Scallywags website.
16. See Santa at Little Owl Farm Park in Worcestershire. Join Mrs Claus in decorating Christmas biscuits and visit Santa in his Christmas wonderland. Selected dates from 30th November. New this year: Breakfast with Father Christmas.
17: Santa's Grotto and Christmas Trail at Whitlenge Gardens in Hartlebury. Santa's grotto will be open each weekend in December. Enjoy a garden trail from 22nd November to 23rd December. Help magical creatures find the presents that Father Christmas lost in the gardens. £9.50 to see Father Christmas, including gift for child and mulled wine for adult.
18. Elf and Santa's Grotto at All Things Wild
See Merry Berry's Christmas Kitchen, an alternative Animal Nativity, ride the Sleigh Bell express and meet the Wise Men's camels - as well as the big man himself: Santa!
19. Santa in the Ryemarket, Stourbridge. You can visit Santa in the centre and listen to some amazing Christmas Choirs every Saturday in December. The Stourbridge Christmas Lights will be switched on on 30th November by the Minions!
20. See Santa Claus at Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery:
Santa Claus is coming to town¦ and into the doors of Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery! During his weekend visits between 7th - 22nd December, Santa will be spreading festive cheer to children and families alike in his sparkly and snow-topped grotto. Children will be given a special Christmas gift, as well as a memory for them to treasure, a printed photograph of themselves with Santa.
21. Festive Forest Fun
On Saturday 7th, 14th and 21st December, meet Santa and his elves at the Forest area at Pedmore CE Primary School. Enjoy hot chocolate and marshmallows by a roaring fire. £12 a child, £3 an adult. Email Ruth at Fruits of the Forest to book here.
22. See Santa at Kinver Edge & The Rock Houses
Sat 30 November, Sunday 1st Dec, 7th, 8th, 14th and 15th December. Visit Santa in his cave grotto at Kinver Edge & the Rock Houses. £4 per child. Book online, various time slots available.
23. Christmas on the Clent Hills: Enjoy a Christmassy Trail over the hills before meeting Santa in his woodland grotto. £7.50 a child. Price includes a gift. Choose 8th, 14th and 15th December.
24. Christmas at The Abbey Hotel in Redditch: Delicious three-course lunch and visit from Santa. All children will receive a Christmas gift. Date: Sunday 1st December. Arrival 12.00pm, Santa arrives at 2.30pm. To book call 01527 406600 or email to book.
25. SNOWPLAY at Kingfisher Shopping Centre, Redditch. Launching on Saturday 23rd November and running right up until Sunday 5th January, there's plenty of fun to be had this festive season. This fantastic, wholly immersive artificial snow experience allows children to have fun in the snow without the need to wrap up warm with woolly hats and gloves. Also NEW for this year, little ones will also get to meet Father Christmas inside Snow Play too.
Snow Play is suitable for children aged 3-10*.
26. Breakfast with Santa at The Potting Shed in Bromsgrove. All guests will enjoy a freshly cooked hot breakfast, before the little ones have fun participating in festive party games and sing-alongs. Each child will receive a gift from Father Christmas, as well as a magical ride aboard our festive tractor.
27 Jungle Boogie Soft Play Christmas Party. 20 December. MidzKidz will be entertaining and Santa will be visiting to check if the children are being good and to bring them a little treat! Party Food is included. Tickets £9.50 per child and can be purchased online via www.jungle-boogie.co.uk or by calling 01902 843191.
28. Santa’s Grotto, Mander Centre, Wolverhampton. There is no need to book just turn up to meet Santa and his elves. For your entry fee you will get a lovely, age appropriate present and if you bring your phone you can take a photo of your child with Santa and the elves! www.enjoywolverhampton.com
29. Breakfast with Santa at The Little Big Town, role play centre in Stourport. 17th, 19th or 21st December. Booking required as spaces are limited. Price is £12.50 per child which includes choice of breakfast for the children (toast, crumpet or porridge) plus a gift from Father Christmas.
30. See Father Christmas at Bewdley Museum: there will be a craft fair too, on 14th and 15th December. No need to book. Tickets for Santa are £5 a child.
This is just a selection of the many places Santa can be spotted this Christmas. He's a very busy man!
National Book Tokens Launches Brain Teaser
National Book Tokens’ has launched a Book Island Challenge as part of their Christmas campaign.
David Walliams on 'The Boy in the Dress'
During rehearsals, David Walliams spoke about his inspiration for The Boy in the Dress
Shakespeare Week 2020 - Portrait Competition
CBBC’s Art Ninja launches Shakespeare Portrait Competition to boost creativity in the classroom
Raring2go! reviews: Peter Pan at Birmingham Rep
Read all about Birmingham Rep's reimagined production of Peter Pan for Christmas 2019
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
Now that we are in winter everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to enjoy the festive season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the world around you - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle!