Have a splashing time this Summer
Here's hoping the sun comes out this summer!
If you need to cool down and are looking for something a little bigger than your garden paddling pool, here's a list of your local outdoor splash pads, paddling pools, lidos and water parks:
1. BRINTONS PARK, Kidderminster has a splash pad with jets, water cannons and a shallow area for little ones. The Splash Pads are open daily 11am-6pm funtil September. The main entrance to the park is via Sutton Road.
2. MARY STEVENS PARK, in Stourbridge has a splash pad; children can run around triggering the water sprinklers by standing on the coloured soft pads.. The Norton park is one of five healthy hubs located within Dudley borough. The splash pad is open again from May.
The splashpad area was refurbished in 2017.
3. DROITWICH LIDO WR9 8AA is situated at the heart of the idyllic Lido Park. Recently named one of the 5th Best Lido in Britain by The Times, the historic Droitwich Spa Lido is a fantastic summers day out that wont break the bank. It's a remodelled, heated swimming pool with a 'beach' area at one end and an integrated fountain. There is also a dedicated wet-play area besides the main pool. Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied in the water by a responsible adult (aged 16 or over) Maximum of two under 8's per adult.
4. WALSALL ARBORETUM is a beautiful Victorian park is just five minutes walk from Walsall town centre, with parkland, lakes, gardens and woodland walks. The former paddling pool at the Arboretum has now been transformed into a new water play feature including interactive splash pads. The feature is open daily 11am to 5pm throughout the school holidays. There is also a children's play area at the Arboretum and toilets.
5. SEVERN CENTRE, Highley has a full range of sporting activities on offer including a gym, sports hall, outdoor pitches and an outdoor heated swimming pool which is open until September. The outdoor pool was refurbished in 2017.
6. GHELUVELT PARK, in Barbourne, Worcester, is a memorial park built in honour of those lost in the First World War.
The park has a play area, plus a great splash pad for children, which is open 7 days a week, 11am - 6pm from June to September.
7. RIVERSIDE MEADOW, Stourport: Situated on the River Severn with plenty of open space to let the children play. The Riverside Meadows area has activities for the whole family to enjoy.
There is an children's play area, picnic area, a fantastic paddling pool to let the kids cool off and fairground rides (so pack their pocket money!) Older children will enjoy the skateboard park.
8. WATERWORLD, Staffordshire, is the UKs number one Tropical Indoor Aqua Park. The facility is built around a wave pool with slides, rides and flumes. There is plenty to do for all ages, weak and strong swimmers and WaterWorld is open all year round.
9. ST NICHOLAS PARK IN WARWICK At St Nicholas Park the outdoor pool is reserved for kids aged up to 12. The pool is shallow, safe and perfect for younger children looking to cool down in the summer. The paddle pool is open from Easter until the end of September and includes seating areas along the side for adults. Please do not leave children unsupervised in the pool area.
10. WAR MEMORIAL PARK, COVENTRY- During the summer school holidays, children can play in 36 water jets, with water rising to 1.5m to 2m in height. The central jets are surrounded by four other water features - the 'Popits' and 'Water Ring' are suitable for under eights and the 'Mushroom' and 'Drencher', which squirts water down from a height of 2.5m, are suitable for eight to 12-years.
Which is your family's favourite water park? If it's not on the list, let us know about it. Email us here.
Escape to Stratford-Upon-Avon this Summer
Join us throughout the school holidays where there are activities and events planned every day.
Win a holiday at Holiday Resort Unity in Brean
Win a holiday to Holiday Resort Unity ! It is one of the most popular family holiday destinations !
A Guide to your Local Parks
Sometimes just trying out a new park is entertainment enough to keep the children happy!
10 of the best wheelchair and buggy-friendly woods.
If you're thinking of visiting a wood this autumn but are worried about how to get a pushchair, buggy or wheelchair around then hopefully VisitWoods can help.
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here