Have a splashing time this Summer
Here's hoping the sun comes out this summer!
If you need to cool down and are looking for something a little bigger than your garden paddling pool, here's a list of your local outdoor splash pads, paddling pools, lidos and water parks:
1. BRINTONS PARK, Kidderminster has a splash pad with jets, water cannons and a shallow area for little ones. The Splash Pads are open daily 11am-6pm from Friday 14th April to 8th September 2017 The main entrance to the park is via Sutton Road.
2. MARY STEVENS PARK, in Stourbridge has a splash pad; children can run around triggering the water sprinklers by standing on the coloured soft pads.. The Norton park is one of five healthy hubs located within Dudley borough. The splash pad will be refurbished for summer 2017!
Savings made throughout the park's refurbishment project means there are sufficient funds remaining to purchase the new water play equipment and work will get underway at the beginning of May to remove the existing splash play area, which has been on site for 18 years. The new facility is expected to be finished in July with the main area to include water jets, cannons, a spray loop and a flower water feature. A toddler area with water jets and a smaller water feature will also be installed.
3. DROITWICH LIDO WR9 8AA is situated at the heart of the idyllic Lido Park. Recently named one of the 5th Best Lido in Britain by The Times, the historic Droitwich Spa Lido is a fantastic summers day out that wont break the bank. It's a remodelled, heated swimming pool with a 'beach' area at one end and an integrated fountain. There is also a dedicated wet-play area besides the main pool. Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied in the water by a responsible adult (aged 16 or over) Maximum of two under 8's per adult.
4. WALSALL ARBORETUM is a beautiful Victorian park is just five minutes walk from Walsall town centre, with parkland, lakes, gardens and woodland walks. The former paddling pool at the Arboretum has now been transformed into a new water play feature including interactive splash pads. The feature is open daily 11am to 5pm throughout the school holidays. There is also a children's play area at the Arboretum and toilets.
5. SEVERN CENTRE, Highley has a full range of sporting activities on offer including a gym, sports hall, outdoor pitches and an outdoor heated swimming pool which is open until September. The outdoor pool has just been refurbished in time for summer 2017!
6. GHELUVELT PARK, in Barbourne, Worcester, is a memorial park built in honour of those lost in the First World War and it has recently received Â£803,000 of lottery funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
The park has a play area, plus a great splash pad for children, which is open 7 days a week, 11am - 6pm from June to September.
7. RIVERSIDE MEADOW, Stourport: Situated on the River Severn with plenty of open space to let the children play. The Riverside Meadows area has activities for the whole family to enjoy.
There is an exciting new childrens play area, picnic area, a fantastic paddling pool to let the kids cool off and fairground rides (so pack their pocket money!) Older children will enjoy the skateboard park.
8. WATERWORLD, Staffordshire, is the UKs number one Tropical Indoor Aqua Park. The facility is built around a wave pool with slides, rides and flumes. There is plenty to do for all ages, weak and strong swimmers and WaterWorld is open all year round.
9. ST NICHOLAS PARK IN WARWICK At St Nicholas Park the outdoor pool is reserved for kids aged up to 12. The pool is shallow, safe and perfect for younger children looking to cool down in the summer. The paddle pool is open from Easter until the end of September and includes seating areas along the side for adults. Please do not leave children unsupervised in the pool area.
10. ST. GEORGE'S PARK IN KIDDERMINSTER, is a small local park by the Horsefair. The main entrance is off Radford Road. There is a little paddling pool for youngsters and the council have plans to introduce a splashpad in the next few years.
11. WAR MEMORIAL PARK, COVENTRY- During the summer school holidays, children can play in 36 water jets, with water rising to 1.5m to 2m in height. The central jets are surrounded by four other water features - the 'Popits' and 'Water Ring' are suitable for under eights and the 'Mushroom' and 'Drencher', which squirts water down from a height of 2.5m, are suitable for eight to 12-years.
Which is your family's favourite water park? If it's not on the list, let us know about it. Email us here.
Go Ape: UK's No.1 Forest Adventure.
Award-winning outdoor adventure activities for all the family.
New proposals for Dudley Leisure Centres
Council have made a commitment to explore potential to have three leisure centres in Dudley borough
Stargazing with your Kids
Stay up late with the kids in the warm summer nights to gaze up at the stars. Learn what to look for
Worcester's Civil War Story at The Commandery
Worcester's Civil War Story is a new immersive experience opening at The Commandery on Sat 29 July.
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!