Swimming is back
Swimming lessons have returned to Everyone Active’s leisure centres across the country after a four-month closure due to coronavirus.
Its teams have been busy preparing to reopen and get swimming lessons underway with a whole host of strict operational measures in place for customers and colleagues so everyone can enjoy getting active safely.
At the moment, we are only running swimming lessons, lane swimming and club sessions within the pools, so we can control and maintain social distancing.
Staying safe in the water
- Fewer lessons – fewer lessons are running in the pool at one time to allow both children and swimming teachers to social distance
- Staggered lesson times – lesson times are staggered, so there will be fewer classes starting and finishing at the same time
- Swimming lessons only - no other activities will take place in the same pool when lessons are on. This creates the additional space that is required to accommodate lessons and maintain social distancing requirements
- One-way system – on arriving, there will be a one-way system in place, directing customers to the pool
- One parent only - only one parent is permitted to attend with a child, to reduce the number of people in the building
- Ready to swim - pupils are required to attend lessons readily changed in their costumes to avoid the need to use the changing rooms
- Poolside teaching - Swim Teachers are required to teach from the poolside and maintain social distancing from pupils at all times
- Arm discs - all pre-school stage 1 children will be required to wear arm discs
- Safety - parents may be asked to attend lessons in the water with younger children (only one parent, per child)
Full details on Everyone Active’s reopening measures can be found here.
Jacqui Tillman (photograph opposite) Group Swimming Lesson Manager at Everyone Active said:
“After a successful reopening of our gyms and studios, we’re pleased to take the next step in our phased reopening plan and get everyone active in our swimming pools again!
“Ensuring we maintain a safe environment for our colleagues and customers is our number one priority and we have carefully considered the strict measurements to ensure we adhere to the guidance. We encourage visitors to read through the changes we are making so we can maintain a safe environment for everyone.
“Thank you to everyone for their patience during this time.”
For further information on Everyone Active, visit www.everyoneactive.com