Wheathampstead 10K and 2K Fun Run
JOIN US FOR THE WHEATHAMPSTEAD 10K & FUN RUN ON SUNDAY 22ND MAY 2022
The ever popular Wheathampstead 10k race and 2K family fun run will be back this year, following the two year forced break because of COVID-19. This year the event will take place on Sunday 22nd May 2022, starting and ending up on the Marford Playing Fields.
This annual charity event, in aid of Beech Hyde School, has become a favourite for over 20 years amongst local runners and even sees competitors from much further afield coming to the village, encouraged by reports of a run with a local feel that takes in some beautiful countryside.
The 10k is a challenging off-road course, and with its outstanding scenery and friendly village setting this is a popular run with all levels of runners.
The 2K Fun Run is an opportunity for the youngsters to get involved in this family friendly chip-timed event. Open to all, from inside and outside the area.
NEW FOR 2022 – Race for your school. As part of the Fun Run, if you attend a primary school within three miles of Harpenden, you may be able to take part in the Harpenden Schools Challenge. Eligible schools can be seen here. Select your school name from the dropdown list when when you register and become part of the competition to win the prize for your school.
The event is not all about the racing. There will be a barbecue, teas, coffees and cakes avaialble, together with fairground rides.
- Location: Race HQ is Memorial Hall, Marford Road, Wheathampstead, Hertfordshire AL4 8AY
- Event time: 10:00 – 2k | 11:00 – 10K
- Distances: 10k & 2k
- Minimum Ages: 10k – 15yrs. Fun Run – Any age. Under 7 yrs must be accompanied by a paying adult. Ages as at 22/05/2022
- Activity: Running
- Entry Fees:
10K- LAUNCH PRICE £18 AVAILABLE TILL MIDNIGHT 21 FEBRUARY. EARLY BIRD £20 AVAILABLE FROM MIDNIGHT 21 FEBRUARY TO MIDNIGHT 14TH MARCH. £22 TILL CLOSING DATE (TBC).
10k ENTRIES ON THE DAY – £25
2K FUN RUN – £4 | £5 Entries on the day
- Our Race Charity: All proceeds go to support Beech Hyde Primary School & Nursery.
- UKA License No: N/A
- Event Cancellation Policy: If the event should need to be cancelled, you will be offered a deferral to the next event
- Refund, Transfer & Withdrawal Policy: As this is a charity event, refunds will not be given if you cannot take part. An entry can be transferred to another runner up until Sunday 8th May, 2 weeks before the event. To request a transfer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Beech Hyde Association
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: TBC