Big Hat Bushcamp - Family Bushcraft Weekend Courses!
What Big Hat is all about!
The Wilderness is closer than you think! Family Bushcraft Weekend courses
The aim of Big Hat Bushcamp is to give children and parents the ultimate bushcraft experience and leave all who visit the bushcamp with the knowledge and confidence to safely enjoy the outdoors.
All of our activities are designed to promote personal development, teamwork and leadership, as well as inspire an enduring passion for fresh air and the great outdoors.
Amidst the beautiful woodland of historic runnymede, in North Surrey, we run holiday and weekend courses, year round, for children and for child and parent groups and private parties. For those who wish to immerse themselves in the outdoors, family camping is always an option.
Through activities such as shelter building, fire building, camp fire cooking, archery, navigation, wilderness first aid and traditional bushcraft skills, groups at big hat bushcamp discover for themselves how to leave behind the clamour of the 21st century.
- Shelter building - we're out in all conditions, so our shelters have to be good enough to cook under and sleep under (and we do).
- Fire building - matchless fire lighting using traditional and modern methods - always a favourite and hugely rewarding (for more than just tea and marshmallows).
- Camp fire cooking - wilderness training doesn't mean 'roughing it' when you eat as well as we do.
- Team building and group challenges - developing teamwork, self confidence and problem solving abilities underpins everything we do at the bushcamp.
- Stealth games - taking hide-and-seek and forty-forty to the next level, we teach some great games to take away and play with friends and family.
- Make your own survival tins and survival bracelets - these great souvenirs of the bushcamp ensure you'll leave with more than just new skills and great memories.
- Archery - have a go with a selection of different types of bow, for some traditional woodland archery.
- Wild food - foraging and trapping - those who want to see how to find lunch when sainsbury's isn't an option can try their hand at foraging and trapping.
- Water procurement and purification - arguably the most important of survival skills, you'll learn how to quench your thirst, without turning a tap.
- Navigation and wilderness map making - you'll learn how to make it back to civilisation in one piece, even if your gps doesn't.
CoolCamping have to say about the bushcamp that's got North Surrey parents talking...
In these dizzyingly technological times, one can't help but feel we've all become... Well... A little soft. So reliant on gadgets and gizmos have our littl'uns become, we feel it's about time we got them reacquainted with making dens and getting muddy. So if, like us, the only tweets you want to hear are strictly those of the avian kind, we think we've found the perfect spot.
28th - 29th May 2017
24th - 25th June 2017
29th - 30th July 2017
26th - 27th August 2017
23rd - 24th September 2017
28th - 29th October 2017
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!