10 Good Reasons to Speak French!
In these days of international tourism, and with so much to learn from foreign websites, knowing one or more foreign language can also open many doors. The younger we learn the better.
Studies show that children learn languages much faster than adults; children up to the age of 6 are able to reproduce any sound, but it's never to late to learn. There are many reasons our children should learn French - here Sybille outlines her top 10 reasons to learn French:
1. French is spoken all over the world: 260 million people speak French. It is the only language other than English to be spoken on 5 continents.
2. Speaking English and French improves your chances to enter the international world of work.
3. French is a cultural language; it is the international language of cuisine, fashion, dance, visual art and architecture
4. France has the best universities and business schools and foreign students can obtain scholarships from the French government.
5. A language for travelling: France is one of the most visited countries with over 70 million visitors every year. French will also give you access to tourism in Canada, Switzerland, Africa, Monaco, the Seychelles and more.
6. It is a basis to learn other languages, especially Latin ones like Spanish or Italian. They are all very similar and when you know one, it should be easy to understand the other. It has been calculated that French gave English 50% of its vocabulary!
7. French is one of the official languages of the UN, UNESCO, NATO, the International Olympic Committee and the International Red Cross.
8. After English and German, French is the third language before Spanish on the Internet.
9. Knowledge of French is a benefit in many areas such as law, international relations, the history of art, food and hotel industry, tourism, cosmetology and fashion.
10. Learn a beautiful language - often called the language of love.
Razzamataz Theatre Schools
We Would like to invite you to a FREE taster session !
Stagecoach Performing Arts: Creative Courage for Life
Give your child Creative Courage for Life with Stagecoach Performing Arts
How to choose an extracurricular activity
Ten Top Tips by Lucy Quick, co-founder and Principal of Perform, gives her ten top tips when choosing an extracurricular activity for your child.
Julie Johnson School of Dancing
Julie Johnson School of Dancing It is a friendly School . For children from 3 years
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!