10 Good Reasons to Speak French!
In these days of international tourism, and with so much to learn from foreign websites, knowing one or more foreign language can also open many doors. The younger we learn the better.
Studies show that children learn languages much faster than adults; children up to the age of 6 are able to reproduce any sound, but it's never to late to learn. There are many reasons our children should learn French - here Sybille outlines her top 10 reasons to learn French:
1. French is spoken all over the world: 260 million people speak French. It is the only language other than English to be spoken on 5 continents.
2. Speaking English and French improves your chances to enter the international world of work.
3. French is a cultural language; it is the international language of cuisine, fashion, dance, visual art and architecture
4. France has the best universities and business schools and foreign students can obtain scholarships from the French government.
5. A language for travelling: France is one of the most visited countries with over 70 million visitors every year. French will also give you access to tourism in Canada, Switzerland, Africa, Monaco, the Seychelles and more.
6. It is a basis to learn other languages, especially Latin ones like Spanish or Italian. They are all very similar and when you know one, it should be easy to understand the other. It has been calculated that French gave English 50% of its vocabulary!
7. French is one of the official languages of the UN, UNESCO, NATO, the International Olympic Committee and the International Red Cross.
8. After English and German, French is the third language before Spanish on the Internet.
9. Knowledge of French is a benefit in many areas such as law, international relations, the history of art, food and hotel industry, tourism, cosmetology and fashion.
10. Learn a beautiful language - often called the language of love.
Gymboree Walton on Thames: Fun & laughter everyday
Hip, hip hooray! Fun and laughter everyday, with Gymboree Walton on Thames' interactive classes.
Splash time with Laura Sevenus
Baby swimming expert and HUGGIES® Little Swimmers® brand ambassador Laura Sevenus offers advice to parents who are thinking about taking to the water with their little ones.
Creative Courage for Life with Stagecoach
Give your child Creative Courage for Life with Stagecoach Performing Arts in Surrey
Swimkidz - Staying Safe near Water
Staying Safe near Water: This summer give your child a skill for life by helping them learn to swim
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!