10 Good Reasons to Speak French!
In these days of international tourism, and with so much to learn from foreign websites, knowing one or more foreign language can also open many doors. The younger we learn the better.
Studies show that children learn languages much faster than adults; children up to the age of 6 are able to reproduce any sound, but it's never to late to learn. There are many reasons our children should learn French - here Sybille outlines her top 10 reasons to learn French:
1. French is spoken all over the world: 260 million people speak French. It is the only language other than English to be spoken on 5 continents.
2. Speaking English and French improves your chances to enter the international world of work.
3. French is a cultural language; it is the international language of cuisine, fashion, dance, visual art and architecture
4. France has the best universities and business schools and foreign students can obtain scholarships from the French government.
5. A language for travelling: France is one of the most visited countries with over 70 million visitors every year. French will also give you access to tourism in Canada, Switzerland, Africa, Monaco, the Seychelles and more.
6. It is a basis to learn other languages, especially Latin ones like Spanish or Italian. They are all very similar and when you know one, it should be easy to understand the other. It has been calculated that French gave English 50% of its vocabulary!
7. French is one of the official languages of the UN, UNESCO, NATO, the International Olympic Committee and the International Red Cross.
8. After English and German, French is the third language before Spanish on the Internet.
9. Knowledge of French is a benefit in many areas such as law, international relations, the history of art, food and hotel industry, tourism, cosmetology and fashion.
10. Learn a beautiful language - often called the language of love.
Which Sports Team do you play for?
Which Sports Team do you play for? Valuable lessons your children will learn playing the sport they love.
Splash time with Laura Sevenus
Baby swimming expert and HUGGIES® Little Swimmers® brand ambassador Laura Sevenus offers advice to parents who are thinking about taking to the water with their little ones.
Teach your Baby to Swim with the New Campaign from HUGGIES Little Swimmers
This month HUGGIES® Little Swimmers® has launched a new campaign to inspire parents to reap the many benefits and go swimming more often.
Gymboree Walton on Thames: Fun & laughter everyday
Hip, hip hooray! Fun and laughter everyday, with Gymboree Walton on Thames' interactive classes.
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!
Mother's Day Craft Ideas
Your Mum will LOVE receiving something homemade from you this Mothering Sunday...take a look at our ideas here and make something extra special that can be treasured for years to come - from a homemade bunch of flowers (maybe placed on a tray of breakfast in bed, to a beautifully crafted photo frame with the children's faces smiling back at her...