Garam Yorkshire Hotpot - Stage 3: 10 Months Plus
100minutes cooking time
- 25g (1 oz) unsalted butter
- 100g (3½oz) lean lamb cubes â boneless, fat-trimmed, cut into 1cm pieces
- Sprinkle of plain flour
- ½ onion â peeled, chopped
- 1 medium carrot â peeled, washed, shredded
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp ground garam masala
- 60ml (2½fl oz) lamb stock â baby-friendly
- 1 white potato â peeled, washed, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 160C/ 325F/ gas mark 3.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the lamb and flour. Stir-fry continuously until the lamb pieces have browned. Then remove and place in a small oven-proof dish.
- Using the same frying pan heat a little oil and add the onion, carrot, bay leaf and stir-fry until the onion is soft and golden. Add the garlic and garam masala to the pan and stir-fry for a further 30secs, then immediately pour the mixture over the lamb in the ovenproof dish followed by the stock. Place the potato slices in a layer over the top until it forms a cover for the stew underneath.
- Brush a little melted butter or oil over the potato slices, cover the dish loosely with foil and place on the middle shelf of the oven and slow cook for 1½ hours.
- Allow cooling and shred or mash the meal as necessary for baby. For older children serve with a side of freshly cooked vegetables for a more filling meal. Delicious!
Recipe extract from Easy Indian SuperMeals for Babies, Toddlers and the Family by Zainab Jagot Ahmed, available to buy now fromÂ AmazonÂ (Â£14.99).
Zainab Jagot Ahmed
Prior to becoming a mummy, Zainab worked in marketing for almost 10 years in the fashion, entertainment and retail industries. Easy Indian SuperMeals for babies, toddlers and the family by Zainab Jagot Ahmed is a new book, due for publication in September 2014, for 7 months to 5 year+ children, as well as the whole family!
Coconut Chicken Curry – Stage 3
This SuperMeal is bursting with immune strengthening ingredients. Fresh lemon and broccoli provide vitamin C, and the coconut provides a source of anti-viral fats to keep cold and flu viruses at bay. In addition the chicken is anti-cancer and is an excellent source of ‘essential’ amino acids (protein), required for healthy growth and development.
Festive Roasted Vegetable Mash - Stage 2: 7 Months Plus
A great one for the festive period this meal is loaded with traditional Christmas flavours for baby – apples, rosemary, carrots and parsnips with a hint of Indian spices. Roasting vegetables are a fabulous way to maintain flavour and nutrients, so rest assured your little one will reap the health benefits of this meal. The vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene) from the carrots, and the SuperSpice cumin, both help to support the development of a strong and healthy immune system.
Looking for ways to save money on those family days out? Want the best discounts on those cinema trips? How about getting “Kids Eat Free” at that family meal out? Or get the best deal when booking that UK summer break?
We have the answer!!!
Kids Pass is the UK’s No. 1 family discount pass used by parents.
Click here to join over 1 million members...
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!