Garam Yorkshire Hotpot
100minutes cooking time
- 25g (1 oz) unsalted butter
- 100g (3½oz) lean lamb cubes boneless, fat-trimmed, cut into 1cm pieces
- Sprinkle of plain flour
- ½ onion peeled, chopped
- 1 medium carrot peeled, washed, shredded
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp ground garam masala
- 60ml (2½fl oz) lamb stock baby-friendly
- 1 white potato peeled, washed, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 160C/ 325F/ gas mark 3.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the lamb and flour. Stir-fry continuously until the lamb pieces have browned. Then remove and place in a small oven-proof dish.
- Using the same frying pan heat a little oil and add the onion, carrot, bay leaf and stir-fry until the onion is soft and golden. Add the garlic and garam masala to the pan and stir-fry for a further 30secs, then immediately pour the mixture over the lamb in the ovenproof dish followed by the stock. Place the potato slices in a layer over the top until it forms a cover for the stew underneath.
- Brush a little melted butter or oil over the potato slices, cover the dish loosely with foil and place on the middle shelf of the oven and slow cook for 1½ hours.
- Allow cooling and shred or mash the meal as necessary for baby. For older children serve with a side of freshly cooked vegetables for a more filling meal. Delicious!
This is a hearty hotpot with a little garam masala thrown in for difference. Loaded with iron for baby, this meal is delicious and nutritious. Perfect for those cold winter evenings during the festive season.
Stage 3: 10 Months Plus
Zainab Jagot Ahmed
Prior to becoming a mummy, Zainab worked in marketing for almost 10 years in the fashion, entertainment and retail industries. Easy Indian SuperMeals for babies, toddlers and the family by Zainab Jagot Ahmed is a new book, due for publication in September 2014, for 7 months to 5 year+ children, as well as the whole family!
Festive Roasted Vegetable Mash
Stage 2: 7 Months Plus. traditional Christmas flavours
Coconut Chicken Curry – Stage 3
A SuperMeal bursting with immune strengthening ingredients.
We build holidays around you. Not us. And with over 175 parcs in wonderful locations throughout Europe, we're sure we've got the perfect place for you.
Wherever your're headed, you'll find the possibilities are endless! So why not make the most of our flexible travel dates and find the perfect holiday for your family?
What's more, you can save £££!
Now that we are in winter everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to enjoy the festive season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the world around you - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle!