Festive Roasted Vegetable Mash - Stage 2: 7 Months Plus
25minutes cooking time
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 1 medium carrot Ã¢- peeled, washed, sliced (diagonally) into 1cm pieces
- 1 medium parsnip Ã¢- peeled, washed, sliced (diagonally) into 1cm pieces
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- Pure unsweetened apple juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C/ 425F/ gas mark 7.
- Add olive oil, garlic, black pepper and cumin into a bowl and stir. Then add the vegetables to the bowl and coat with the seasoning.
- Lay the vegetables flat on top of a foil-covered baking tray and add 2 small branches of rosemary (broken off the sprig), on either side of the tray for a light flavour whilst roasting. Place the baking tray on the middle shelf of the oven and roast for 20-25mins until tender ensuring to turn over the vegetables half way.
- Once tender, remove from the oven and take out the rosemary branches. Mash or puree as necessary and use as much apple juice as required to loosen the mash. Serve to baby warm.
- Alternatively offer the roasted vegetables to your little one as a selection of finger foods when she is ready.
Note: the amount of time the vegetables take to roast depends on their thickness i.e. chunkier vegetables will take longer, equally thin cut vegetables will be quicker.
Zainab Jagot Ahmed
Prior to becoming a mummy, Zainab worked in marketing for almost 10 years in the fashion, entertainment and retail industries. Easy Indian SuperMeals for babies, toddlers and the family by Zainab Jagot Ahmed is a new book, due for publication in September 2014, for 7 months to 5 year+ children, as well as the whole family!
Coconut Chicken Curry – Stage 3
This SuperMeal is bursting with immune strengthening ingredients. Fresh lemon and broccoli provide vitamin C, and the coconut provides a source of anti-viral fats to keep cold and flu viruses at bay. In addition the chicken is anti-cancer and is an excellent source of ‘essential’ amino acids (protein), required for healthy growth and development.
Garam Yorkshire Hotpot - Stage 3: 10 Months Plus
Traditional slow-cooked meal from the north of England
Join Explore Learning and save £50
Since 2001 over 200,000 children have excelled academically, reached their potential and achieved the best possible results with Explore Learning. Mapped to the school curriculum, we ensure children progress academically and develop socially, changing their attitude towards learning.
Win with Raring2go!
Everyone likes to receive goodies in the post don't they?! With our regular competitions you are always in with a great chance of winning (as long as you enter of course!) Head on over to our competitions page and see what is on offer this month-you need to be a member, but that's free and easy to do! Go on, what are you waiting for?! Get winning!