Festive Roasted Vegetable Mash - Stage 2: 7 Months Plus
25minutes cooking time
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 1 medium carrot â peeled, washed, sliced (diagonally) into 1cm pieces
- 1 medium parsnip â peeled, washed, sliced (diagonally) into 1cm pieces
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- Pure unsweetened apple juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C/ 425F/ gas mark 7.
- Add olive oil, garlic, black pepper and cumin into a bowl and stir. Then add the vegetables to the bowl and coat with the seasoning.
- Lay the vegetables flat on top of a foil-covered baking tray and add 2 small branches of rosemary (broken off the sprig), on either side of the tray for a light flavour whilst roasting. Place the baking tray on the middle shelf of the oven and roast for 20-25mins until tender ensuring to turn over the vegetables half way.
- Once tender, remove from the oven and take out the rosemary branches. Mash or puree as necessary and use as much apple juice as required to loosen the mash. Serve to baby warm.
- Alternatively offer the roasted vegetables to your little one as a selection of finger foods when she is ready.
Note: the amount of time the vegetables take to roast depends on their thickness i.e. chunkier vegetables will take longer, equally thin cut vegetables will be quicker.
Zainab Jagot Ahmed
Prior to becoming a mummy, Zainab worked in marketing for almost 10 years in the fashion, entertainment and retail industries. Easy Indian SuperMeals for babies, toddlers and the family by Zainab Jagot Ahmed is a new book, due for publication in September 2014, for 7 months to 5 year+ children, as well as the whole family!
Coconut Chicken Curry – Stage 3
This SuperMeal is bursting with immune strengthening ingredients. Fresh lemon and broccoli provide vitamin C, and the coconut provides a source of anti-viral fats to keep cold and flu viruses at bay. In addition the chicken is anti-cancer and is an excellent source of ‘essential’ amino acids (protein), required for healthy growth and development.
Garam Yorkshire Hotpot - Stage 3: 10 Months Plus
Traditional slow-cooked meal from the north of England
With Father's Day coming up this month we should celebrate the special 'Dad' figures in our lives...in our article we have given you a few ideas for days out and activities that you and your Dad can do together to have fun and build a great relationship - spoil him and make memories for you all as a family! Click here to find out more...
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!