Coconut Chicken Curry – Stage 3
20minutes cooking time
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion - peeled, chopped
- 1 chicken breast fillet (skinless) - cut into 1cm cubes
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tomato - washed, grated
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 150ml (5fl oz) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Squeeze of ½ a lemon - ensuring no seeds fall in
- ¼ tsp ground garam masala
- 60g (2½oz) broccoli florets - washed, chopped (no stems)
- Heat the oil in a pot, add the onion and stir-fry on medium-low heat for 3-4mins until soft and golden.
- Add the chicken, turmeric and stir-fry until the chicken is sealed (opaque).
- Add the tomato, garlic, cumin and continue to stir-fry for a further 2-3mins.
- Add the coconut milk, desiccated coconut, lemon juice, garam masala and simmer on low heat for a further 10mins, stirring occasionally until the chicken is tender. If at any point the curry looks dry, add a little extra water and continue to simmer.
- Whilst the chicken is simmering, steam the broccoli in a steamer or in the microwave by placing it in a microwavable dish and adding 2 tablespoons of water. Cover the dish with either a lid (leaving a small vent) or cling film (piercing a few holes), and steam on high for 1½-2mins until tender.
- Once cooked, drain the excess water and add to the curry at the end.
- Combine well and serve to baby warm with roti or overcooked rice.
Festive Roasted Vegetable Mash - Stage 2: 7 Months Plus
A great one for the festive period this meal is loaded with traditional Christmas flavours for baby – apples, rosemary, carrots and parsnips with a hint of Indian spices. Roasting vegetables are a fabulous way to maintain flavour and nutrients, so rest assured your little one will reap the health benefits of this meal. The vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene) from the carrots, and the SuperSpice cumin, both help to support the development of a strong and healthy immune system.
Garam Yorkshire Hotpot - Stage 3: 10 Months Plus
Traditional slow-cooked meal from the north of England
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Eye-boggling events near you
If you are looking for something new and exciting to do this Easter then look no further than than Fantastic for Families...the nation's new listings website for families. Click here for their top picks for creative family outings this Easter!