50minutes cooking time
- ½ block of tofu – medium press
- handful of fresh basil
- dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 small clove of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp tamari
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soaked cashews
- Cannelloni tubes
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- salt and pepper
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- Crumble the tofu into a bowl and add the other “ricotta” ingredients. Mix them up well and leave to stand while you make the sauce.
- Dice the onion and finely chop the garlic.
- Heat up some oil in a medium sized saucepan and add the diced onions and cook until soft. Add the chopped garlic and leave to cook for a minute of two, do not allow it to brown. Add the tomatoes, olive oil, oregano and basil and allow to simmer. Add the salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Simmer the sauce until it is a thick consistency, about 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, stuff the “ricotta” into the cannelloni tubes and put into an oven dish. When the sauce is ready, pour it over the tubes so they are completely covered. Put into the oven for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
At Tofuture we are transforming Tofu from the tasteless, spongy, last choice vegetarian option into a delicious, healthy and ethical addition to your diet. The recipes, new ideas, and our brand new to the market Tofu Press will add a riot of alternative options to your menu the only problem will be choosing which to try first.
To find out more about Tofuture click the links below
Chocolate and Clementine Mousse
Cacao and cocoa powder are rich sources of magnesium
A great way to make vegetables tasty and more appealing for the whole family!
Carrot, Beetroot and Harissa Hummus Flatbread
This dish is a rich source of folate, good for the heart...
Leek, Kale and Herb Omelette with Green Salad
Leek, Kale and Herb Omelette with Green Salad...
Naughty but nice Puddings!
Check out our delicious puddings, my favourite is the limoncello trifle, not suitable for the kids, but there are some other scrummy recipes that the whole family can enjoy! Take a look in our pudding section for recipes to make summer BBQ's and eating alfresco all the more tasty! My girls LOVE the chocolate pizza - making it, but mostly eating it!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!