50minutes cooking time
- ½ block of tofu – medium press
- handful of fresh basil
- dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 small clove of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp tamari
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soaked cashews
- Cannelloni tubes
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- salt and pepper
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- Crumble the tofu into a bowl and add the other “ricotta” ingredients. Mix them up well and leave to stand while you make the sauce.
- Dice the onion and finely chop the garlic.
- Heat up some oil in a medium sized saucepan and add the diced onions and cook until soft. Add the chopped garlic and leave to cook for a minute of two, do not allow it to brown. Add the tomatoes, olive oil, oregano and basil and allow to simmer. Add the salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Simmer the sauce until it is a thick consistency, about 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, stuff the “ricotta” into the cannelloni tubes and put into an oven dish. When the sauce is ready, pour it over the tubes so they are completely covered. Put into the oven for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
At Tofuture we are transforming Tofu from the tasteless, spongy, last choice vegetarian option into a delicious, healthy and ethical addition to your diet. The recipes, new ideas, and our brand new to the market Tofu Press will add a riot of alternative options to your menu the only problem will be choosing which to try first.
To find out more about Tofuture click the links below
Cajun Quorn with Coriander Rice and Mango Salsa
Quorn provides a good low fat source of protein as well as being a great source of zinc, which helps to maintain a strong immune system.
Sweet Potato Fries
Spicy, so leave the cayenne pepper out if you prefer
Twice-Baked Potatoes with Leeks and Cheese
Potatoes are a good source of B vitamins and vitamin C
Quinoa & halloumi burgers with corn salsa
I like to use red quinoa to make these substantial burgers for its colour and nutty texture, but any variety will do.
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here