50minutes cooking time
- ½ block of tofu - medium press
- handful of fresh basil
- dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 small clove of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp tamari
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soaked cashews
- Cannelloni tubes
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- salt and pepper
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- Crumble the tofu into a bowl and add the other ricotta ingredients. Mix them up well and leave to stand while you make the sauce.
- Dice the onion and finely chop the garlic.
- Heat up some oil in a medium sized saucepan and add the diced onions and cook until soft. Add the chopped garlic and leave to cook for a minute of two, do not allow it to brown. Add the tomatoes, olive oil, oregano and basil and allow to simmer. Add the salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Simmer the sauce until it is a thick consistency, about 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, stuff the ricotta into the cannelloni tubes and put into an oven dish. When the sauce is ready, pour it over the tubes so they are completely covered. Put into the oven for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
At Tofuture we are transforming Tofu from the tasteless, spongy, last choice vegetarian option into a delicious, healthy and ethical addition to your diet. The recipes, new ideas, and our brand new to the market Tofu Press will add a riot of alternative options to your menu the only problem will be choosing which to try first.
To find out more about Tofuture click the links below
Sweet Potato Fries
Spicy, so leave the cayenne pepper out if you prefer
Butternut Squash Stew with Curly Kale
Kale is a good non-dairy source of calcium, and this dish provides one third of the recommended daily intake of this important nutrient.
Turk-ish Satay Party Sticks
"Turk-ish" Satay Party Sticks- these meat free kebab sticks are made with FRY'S Vegetarian Chicken Strips and dipped in a satay sauce-delicious!
Hari Hari Gluten Free Beetroot Pancake
Beetroot pancakes are perfect for creating vibrant treats.
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
Advent Calendar Competition
We are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Forest Holidays, Kidz Bop, BeGenio, Littlelife, Daisy & Ollie, Pip Ahoy, My Fairy Garden, Superfast Thermapen, Smiggle, Start-rite and Rubys Books!!