Turk-ish Satay Party Sticks
10minutes cooking time
- 1 box FRY'S Vegetarian Chicken Style Strips (380g)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 80g red onion finely chopped
- 80g chestnut mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic very finely chopped or crushed
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 4 dessertspoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 200ml of coconut milk Wooden long kebab/bbq skewer sticks
1. In a small stainless steel pan add sesame oil , onions and mushrooms and gently saute until they start to brown
2. Add in other sauce ingredients and on a gentle heat stir and simmer until the peanut butter blends into a thick sauce
3. Preheat oven to 180DegC
4. Toss the FRY'S Vegetarian Chicken Style Strips into the sauce and skewer onto the sticks
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 10-15 minutes until they start to crisp around the edges and sauce is baked on.
Serve with remainder of sauce and salad. Could also be served with brown rice.
Karin Ridgers gave up her well paid career to promote vegan living full time. A scary move that has meant she has worked flat out with ups and downs running her own business for 9 years.
Karin is the founder of VeggieVision TV – the internet TV station that addresses the fact that in the UK there are no veggie friendly TV programmes!
Sticky Tofu Satay Sticks
Made with lovely, firm tofu and a nutty sauce for dipping
Quinoa & halloumi burgers with corn salsa
I like to use red quinoa to make these substantial burgers for its colour and nutty texture, but any variety will do.
A great way to make vegetables tasty and more appealing for the whole family!
Mixed Bean Casserole with Sliced Avocado
Beans provide one of the best sources of fibre. This nutrient helps to control the release of sugar from carbohydrates, which helps maintain steady energy levels and a feeling of fullness.
With Father's Day coming up this month we should celebrate the special 'Dad' figures in our lives...in our article we have given you a few ideas for days out and activities that you and your Dad can do together to have fun and build a great relationship - spoil him and make memories for you all as a family! Click here to find out more...
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!