Turk-ish Satay Party Sticks
10minutes cooking time
- 1 box FRY'S Vegetarian Chicken Style Strips (380g)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 80g red onion finely chopped
- 80g chestnut mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic very finely chopped or crushed
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 4 dessertspoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 200ml of coconut milk Wooden long kebab/bbq skewer sticks
1. In a small stainless steel pan add sesame oil , onions and mushrooms and gently saute until they start to brown
2. Add in other sauce ingredients and on a gentle heat stir and simmer until the peanut butter blends into a thick sauce
3. Preheat oven to 180DegC
4. Toss the FRY'S Vegetarian Chicken Style Strips into the sauce and skewer onto the sticks
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 10-15 minutes until they start to crisp around the edges and sauce is baked on.
Serve with remainder of sauce and salad. Could also be served with brown rice.
Karin Ridgers gave up her well paid career to promote vegan living full time. A scary move that has meant she has worked flat out with ups and downs running her own business for 9 years.
Karin is the founder of VeggieVision TV â the internet TV station that addresses the fact that in the UK there are no veggie friendly TV programmes!
A delicious vegan take on a simple Italian recipe!
Mixed Bean Casserole with Sliced Avocado
Beans provide one of the best sources of fibre. This nutrient helps to control the release of sugar from carbohydrates, which helps maintain steady energy levels and a feeling of fullness.
Celebration of nuts and seeds with gluten free bread crumbs
A great way to make vegetables tasty and more appealing for the whole family!
What's on this Easter
Are you looking for some fun through the Easter holidays? Maybe you want to go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Meet the Easter Bunny himself or visit somewhere new? Our What's On Guide will help you plan your diary for a packed fortnight local to you or maybe even further afield if you are feeling more adventurous! Click here and localise to get started!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here