Turk-ish Satay Party Sticks
10minutes cooking time
- 1 box FRY'S Vegetarian Chicken Style Strips (380g)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 80g red onion finely chopped
- 80g chestnut mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic very finely chopped or crushed
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 4 dessertspoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 200ml of coconut milk Wooden long kebab/bbq skewer sticks
1. In a small stainless steel pan add sesame oil , onions and mushrooms and gently saute until they start to brown
2. Add in other sauce ingredients and on a gentle heat stir and simmer until the peanut butter blends into a thick sauce
3. Preheat oven to 180DegC
4. Toss the FRY'S Vegetarian Chicken Style Strips into the sauce and skewer onto the sticks
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 10-15 minutes until they start to crisp around the edges and sauce is baked on.
Serve with remainder of sauce and salad. Could also be served with brown rice.
Karin Ridgers gave up her well paid career to promote vegan living full time. A scary move that has meant she has worked flat out with ups and downs running her own business for 9 years.
Karin is the founder of VeggieVision TV – the internet TV station that addresses the fact that in the UK there are no veggie friendly TV programmes!
Lemon Chocolate Mousse
The combination of layers of lemon and chocolate really go well together. This creation has been a very popular dessert at my superfood feasts.
Butternut Squash Stew with Curly Kale
Kale is a good non-dairy source of calcium, and this dish provides one third of the recommended daily intake of this important nutrient.
A delicious vegan take on a simple Italian recipe!
Mixed Bean Casserole with Sliced Avocado
Beans provide one of the best sources of fibre. This nutrient helps to control the release of sugar from carbohydrates, which helps maintain steady energy levels and a feeling of fullness.
Delve into Durham
Delve into Durham's amazing history with a break in 2018 and see the past come to life at award winning attractions and events. Don't miss the Bodies of Evidence exhibition at Palace Green Library or visit the majestic Durham Cathedral. Take a tour of Medieval Raby Castle, or visit the magnificent Bowes Museum. You could even take a tram ride!
Pets at Home
Head down to your local Pets at Home store during the summer holidays for a fantastic My Pet Pals activity workshop! Our My Pet Pals workshops help to teach children how rewarding pets can be and how to care for them responsibly. There's a truly hands-on approach to pet care, as well as loads of goodies..and the best bit is, it's all FREE! Book now