Turk-ish Satay Party Sticks
10minutes cooking time
- 1 box FRY'S Vegetarian Chicken Style Strips (380g)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 80g red onion finely chopped
- 80g chestnut mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic very finely chopped or crushed
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 4 dessertspoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 200ml of coconut milk Wooden long kebab/bbq skewer sticks
1. In a small stainless steel pan add sesame oil , onions and mushrooms and gently saute until they start to brown
2. Add in other sauce ingredients and on a gentle heat stir and simmer until the peanut butter blends into a thick sauce
3. Preheat oven to 180DegC
4. Toss the FRY'S Vegetarian Chicken Style Strips into the sauce and skewer onto the sticks
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 10-15 minutes until they start to crisp around the edges and sauce is baked on.
Serve with remainder of sauce and salad. Could also be served with brown rice.
Karin Ridgers gave up her well paid career to promote vegan living full time. A scary move that has meant she has worked flat out with ups and downs running her own business for 9 years.
Karin is the founder of VeggieVision TV – the internet TV station that addresses the fact that in the UK there are no veggie friendly TV programmes!
Sweet Potato Fries
Spicy, so leave the cayenne pepper out if you prefer
Turk-ish Christmas Strudel
Spare the turkey this Christmas with FRY’S Vegetarian Chicken Strips parceled up in crispy seeded filo pastry with a colourful festive concoction!
Cheese & apple scones
Savoury scones make a good alternative to the usual sandwich
Like most of you, I’ve bought the plain hummus, the coriander flavoured one, the red pepper one, the garlic one … but I have yet to come across a curry hummus so I made it myself.
Looking for ways to save money on those family days out? Want the best discounts on those cinema trips? How about getting “Kids Eat Free” at that family meal out? Or get the best deal when booking that UK summer break?
We have the answer!!!
Kids Pass is the UK’s No. 1 family discount pass used by parents.
Click here to join over 1 million members...
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!