Turk-ish Satay Party Sticks
10minutes cooking time
- 1 box FRY'S Vegetarian Chicken Style Strips (380g)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 80g red onion finely chopped
- 80g chestnut mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic very finely chopped or crushed
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 4 dessertspoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 200ml of coconut milk Wooden long kebab/bbq skewer sticks
1. In a small stainless steel pan add sesame oil , onions and mushrooms and gently saute until they start to brown
2. Add in other sauce ingredients and on a gentle heat stir and simmer until the peanut butter blends into a thick sauce
3. Preheat oven to 180DegC
4. Toss the FRY'S Vegetarian Chicken Style Strips into the sauce and skewer onto the sticks
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 10-15 minutes until they start to crisp around the edges and sauce is baked on.
Serve with remainder of sauce and salad. Could also be served with brown rice.
Karin Ridgers gave up her well paid career to promote vegan living full time. A scary move that has meant she has worked flat out with ups and downs running her own business for 9 years.
Karin is the founder of VeggieVision TV – the internet TV station that addresses the fact that in the UK there are no veggie friendly TV programmes!
Twice-Baked Potatoes with Leeks and Cheese
Potatoes are a good source of B vitamins and vitamin C
Hari Hari Gluten Free Beetroot Pancake
Beetroot pancakes are perfect for creating vibrant treats.
Like most of you, I’ve bought the plain hummus, the coriander flavoured one, the red pepper one, the garlic one … but I have yet to come across a curry hummus so I made it myself.
Leek, Kale and Herb Omelette with Green Salad
Leek, Kale and Herb Omelette with Green Salad...
Now that we are in autumn everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to celebrate this lovely colourful season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the cooler, fresh air and the crunchy leaves under foot - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle
Be safe this Bonfire Night
Be safe this Bonfire Night by making sure that you, pets and your family know and follow the very important Fireworks Code. Have fun if you are going to an event or having friends and family round at home. It includes safety rules for sparklers too! You will also be able to download our Fireworks Code poster to display if you are hosting an event.