Turk-ish Christmas Strudel
40minutes cooking time
- 270g pack Filo Pastry sheets
- 190g FRY'S Vegetarian Chicken Style Strips (1/2 x 380g box)
- 160g jar/vacuum pack of cooked chestnuts 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 80g curly kale-finely chopped
- 80g cranberries
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds
For the Balls
- 190g (1/2 pack) FRY'S Vegetarian Mince (defrosted)
- 60g ground hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon marmite
- 1 tablespoon wholemeal flour
- 160g roast sweet potatoes
- 1 dessertspoon coconut oil
- 160g parsnips cut into sticks
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 160g mashed swede turnip
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh Ginger
- 160g stir fried shredded red cabbage
- 80g cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 160g green beans 160g carrots, thinly sliced in rounds
- 1 lime Salt and pepper
- Prepare all vegetables, finely chop the swede and boil in water
- Preheat oven to 180DegC with a baking tray with the coconut fat.
- Chop up the sweet potato, toss in the hot oil on the baking tray in the oven put back in the oven for about 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Bake the FRY'S Chicken Style Strips in the oven for 5 minutes
- Toss parsnips in soy sauce and add to the sweet potatoes
- Put the finely chopped kale, the chestnuts, the balsamic vinegar and garlic Into a large stainless steel heavy pan and gently heat for a few minutes until the chestnuts are hot
- Add in the FRY'S Chicken Style Strips and the cranberries, take off the heat and leave to simmer with a lid on
- Unfold the filo sheets onto a sheet of baking paper on a large chopping board.
- Paint a very light coat of oil and a pinch of flax seeds between each sheet Into the middle of the stack of filo sheets place a horizontal line of the chestnut and FRY'S Chicken Style Strips mix.
- Roll it up, paint lightly with oil and sprinkle with remaining seeds.
- Scrunch the strudel up a little, and place on a baking tray and then into the oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- In a cold bowl, knead all the ball ingredients together then shape into 12 balls
- Add balls to the sweet potatoes and parsnips in the oven which will meanwhile all need turning to make sure they are oiled and cooking on all sides
- Mash the swede with the ginger Simmer the carrots and beans in 3 tablespoons of water and juice of a lime
- Gently stir fry the red cabbage, with the sesame oil and the cashew nuts
Serve with rich gravy, cranberry or redcurrant jelly, hot apple sauce or a Christmassy chutney
Karin Ridgers gave up her well paid career to promote vegan living full time. A scary move that has meant she has worked flat out with ups and downs running her own business for 9 years.
Karin is the founder of VeggieVision TV – the internet TV station that addresses the fact that in the UK there are no veggie friendly TV programmes!
Leek, Kale and Herb Omelette with Green Salad
Leek, Kale and Herb Omelette with Green Salad...
Twice-Baked Potatoes with Leeks and Cheese
Potatoes are a good source of B vitamins and vitamin C
Peanut chocolate-drizzle cookies
Sweet Potato Fries
Spicy, so leave the cayenne pepper out if you prefer
Looking for ways to save money on those family days out? Want the best discounts on those cinema trips? How about getting “Kids Eat Free” at that family meal out? Or get the best deal when booking that UK summer break?
We have the answer!!!
Kids Pass is the UK’s No. 1 family discount pass used by parents.
Click here to join over 1 million members...
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!