Turk-ish Christmas Strudel
40minutes cooking time
- 270g pack Filo Pastry sheets
- 190g FRY'S Vegetarian Chicken Style Strips (1/2 x 380g box)
- 160g jar/vacuum pack of cooked chestnuts 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 80g curly kale-finely chopped
- 80g cranberries
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds
For the Balls
- 190g (1/2 pack) FRY'S Vegetarian Mince (defrosted)
- 60g ground hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon marmite
- 1 tablespoon wholemeal flour
- 160g roast sweet potatoes
- 1 dessertspoon coconut oil
- 160g parsnips cut into sticks
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 160g mashed swede turnip
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh Ginger
- 160g stir fried shredded red cabbage
- 80g cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 160g green beans 160g carrots, thinly sliced in rounds
- 1 lime Salt and pepper
- Prepare all vegetables, finely chop the swede and boil in water
- Preheat oven to 180DegC with a baking tray with the coconut fat.
- Chop up the sweet potato, toss in the hot oil on the baking tray in the oven put back in the oven for about 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Bake the FRY'S Chicken Style Strips in the oven for 5 minutes
- Toss parsnips in soy sauce and add to the sweet potatoes
- Put the finely chopped kale, the chestnuts, the balsamic vinegar and garlic Into a large stainless steel heavy pan and gently heat for a few minutes until the chestnuts are hot
- Add in the FRY'S Chicken Style Strips and the cranberries, take off the heat and leave to simmer with a lid on
- Unfold the filo sheets onto a sheet of baking paper on a large chopping board.
- Paint a very light coat of oil and a pinch of flax seeds between each sheet Into the middle of the stack of filo sheets place a horizontal line of the chestnut and FRY'S Chicken Style Strips mix.
- Roll it up, paint lightly with oil and sprinkle with remaining seeds.
- Scrunch the strudel up a little, and place on a baking tray and then into the oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- In a cold bowl, knead all the ball ingredients together then shape into 12 balls
- Add balls to the sweet potatoes and parsnips in the oven which will meanwhile all need turning to make sure they are oiled and cooking on all sides
- Mash the swede with the ginger Simmer the carrots and beans in 3 tablespoons of water and juice of a lime
- Gently stir fry the red cabbage, with the sesame oil and the cashew nuts
Serve with rich gravy, cranberry or redcurrant jelly, hot apple sauce or a Christmassy chutney
Karin Ridgers gave up her well paid career to promote vegan living full time. A scary move that has meant she has worked flat out with ups and downs running her own business for 9 years.
Karin is the founder of VeggieVision TV – the internet TV station that addresses the fact that in the UK there are no veggie friendly TV programmes!
Hari Hari Gluten Free Beetroot Pancake
Beetroot pancakes are perfect for creating vibrant treats.
Butternut Squash Stew with Curly Kale
Kale is a good non-dairy source of calcium, and this dish provides one third of the recommended daily intake of this important nutrient.
Mini pittas with pasta sauce, FRY'S veggie Polony and Vegusto dairy free “cheese” topped with olives. Perfect for parties and packed lunches.
Wholewheat Spaghetti with Cherry Tomatoes
This recipe produces a delicious light meal
Now that we are in autumn everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to celebrate this lovely colourful season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the cooler, fresh air and the crunchy leaves under foot - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle
Be safe this Bonfire Night
Be safe this Bonfire Night by making sure that you, pets and your family know and follow the very important Fireworks Code. Have fun if you are going to an event or having friends and family round at home. It includes safety rules for sparklers too! You will also be able to download our Fireworks Code poster to display if you are hosting an event.