Sticky Tofu Satay Sticks
45minutes cooking time
- 1 block of tofu - well-pressed
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsps groundnut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- the juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- a thumb of ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Cut the well-pressed tofu into long strips.
- Place on a ceramic oven-proof dish or deep baking tray and cover with the tamari and groundnut oil.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 180 deg C for 30 minutes. Set the timer for half way though, remove from the oven and turn the steaks over.
- Meanwhile, whizz together all the satay sauce ingredients in a blender.
- When the tofu steaks are ready, pour over the satay sauce and return the dish to the oven for a further 15 mins.
- Insert skewers and serve on a bed of rice with stir-fried, Chinese greens. Any combination of kale, pak choi, cavolo nero, spinach.. or just one of them on their own washed, sliced and fried in a splash of toasted sesame oil with minced garlic and ginger until dark green and shiny.
- Add a glug of tamari and a squeeze of lemon juice when cooked and serve immediately.
At Tofuture we are transforming Tofu from the tasteless, spongy, last choice vegetarian option into a delicious, healthy and ethical addition to your diet. The recipes, new ideas, and our brand new to the market Tofu Press will add a riot of alternative options to your menu the only problem will be choosing which to try first.
To find out more about Tofuture click the links below
Twice-Baked Potatoes with Leeks and Cheese
Potatoes are a good source of B vitamins and vitamin C
Vegan Ginger Cake
A vegan ginger cake to warm you over winter...
Mini pittas with pasta sauce, FRY'S veggie Polony and Vegusto dairy free “cheese” topped with olives. Perfect for parties and packed lunches.
Vegan Battenberg Cake
A delicious Vegan take on the Battenberg from Keith Squires.
What's on this Easter
Are you looking for some fun through the Easter holidays? Maybe you want to go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Meet the Easter Bunny himself or visit somewhere new? Our What's On Guide will help you plan your diary for a packed fortnight local to you or maybe even further afield if you are feeling more adventurous! Click here and localise to get started!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here