Sticky Tofu Satay Sticks
45minutes cooking time
- 1 block of tofu – well-pressed
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsps groundnut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- the juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- a thumb of ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Cut the well-pressed tofu into long strips.
- Place on a ceramic oven-proof dish or deep baking tray and cover with the tamari and groundnut oil.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 180 deg C for 30 minutes. Set the timer for half way though, remove from the oven and turn the steaks over.
- Meanwhile, whizz together all the satay sauce ingredients in a blender.
- When the tofu steaks are ready, pour over the satay sauce and return the dish to the oven for a further 15 mins.
- Insert skewers and serve on a bed of rice with stir-fried, Chinese greens. Any combination of kale, pak choi, cavolo nero, spinach.. or just one of them on their own washed, sliced and fried in a splash of toasted sesame oil with minced garlic and ginger until dark green and shiny.
- Add a glug of tamari and a squeeze of lemon juice when cooked and serve immediately.
At Tofuture we are transforming Tofu from the tasteless, spongy, last choice vegetarian option into a delicious, healthy and ethical addition to your diet. The recipes, new ideas, and our brand new to the market Tofu Press will add a riot of alternative options to your menu the only problem will be choosing which to try first.
To find out more about Tofuture click the links below
Mini pittas with pasta sauce, FRY'S veggie Polony and Vegusto dairy free “cheese” topped with olives. Perfect for parties and packed lunches.
A great way to make vegetables tasty and more appealing for the whole family!
Butternut Squash Stew with Curly Kale
Kale is a good non-dairy source of calcium, and this dish provides one third of the recommended daily intake of this important nutrient.
Mattar Pulao (Peas Pilau)
This recipe would make a great main or side dish!
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!