Sticky Tofu Satay Sticks
45minutes cooking time
- 1 block of tofu – well-pressed
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsps groundnut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- the juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- a thumb of ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Cut the well-pressed tofu into long strips.
- Place on a ceramic oven-proof dish or deep baking tray and cover with the tamari and groundnut oil.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 180 deg C for 30 minutes. Set the timer for half way though, remove from the oven and turn the steaks over.
- Meanwhile, whizz together all the satay sauce ingredients in a blender.
- When the tofu steaks are ready, pour over the satay sauce and return the dish to the oven for a further 15 mins.
- Insert skewers and serve on a bed of rice with stir-fried, Chinese greens. Any combination of kale, pak choi, cavolo nero, spinach.. or just one of them on their own washed, sliced and fried in a splash of toasted sesame oil with minced garlic and ginger until dark green and shiny.
- Add a glug of tamari and a squeeze of lemon juice when cooked and serve immediately.
At Tofuture we are transforming Tofu from the tasteless, spongy, last choice vegetarian option into a delicious, healthy and ethical addition to your diet. The recipes, new ideas, and our brand new to the market Tofu Press will add a riot of alternative options to your menu the only problem will be choosing which to try first.
To find out more about Tofuture click the links below
Butternut Squash Stew with Curly Kale
Kale is a good non-dairy source of calcium, and this dish provides one third of the recommended daily intake of this important nutrient.
Cajun Quorn with Coriander Rice and Mango Salsa
Quorn provides a good low fat source of protein as well as being a great source of zinc, which helps to maintain a strong immune system.
Cheese & apple scones
Savoury scones make a good alternative to the usual sandwich
Mattar Pulao (Peas Pilau)
This recipe would make a great main or side dish!
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here