Sticky Tofu Satay Sticks
45minutes cooking time
- 1 block of tofu - well-pressed
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsps groundnut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- the juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsps smooth peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- a thumb of ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Cut the well-pressed tofu into long strips.
- Place on a ceramic oven-proof dish or deep baking tray and cover with the tamari and groundnut oil.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 180 deg C for 30 minutes. Set the timer for half way though, remove from the oven and turn the steaks over.
- Meanwhile, whizz together all the satay sauce ingredients in a blender.
- When the tofu steaks are ready, pour over the satay sauce and return the dish to the oven for a further 15 mins.
- Insert skewers and serve on a bed of rice with stir-fried, Chinese greens. Any combination of kale, pak choi, cavolo nero, spinach.. or just one of them on their own washed, sliced and fried in a splash of toasted sesame oil with minced garlic and ginger until dark green and shiny.
- Add a glug of tamari and a squeeze of lemon juice when cooked and serve immediately.
At Tofuture we are transforming Tofu from the tasteless, spongy, last choice vegetarian option into a delicious, healthy and ethical addition to your diet. The recipes, new ideas, and our brand new to the market Tofu Press will add a riot of alternative options to your menu the only problem will be choosing which to try first.
To find out more about Tofuture click the links below
Multicoloured Tofu Frittata
Colourful peppers and herbs with a delicious tofu sauce
Quinoa & halloumi burgers with corn salsa
I like to use red quinoa to make these substantial burgers for its colour and nutty texture, but any variety will do.
A great way to make vegetables tasty and more appealing for the whole family!
Like most of you, I’ve bought the plain hummus, the coriander flavoured one, the red pepper one, the garlic one … but I have yet to come across a curry hummus so I made it myself.
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
Advent Calendar Competition
We are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Forest Holidays, Kidz Bop, BeGenio, Littlelife, Daisy & Ollie, Pip Ahoy, My Fairy Garden, Superfast Thermapen, Smiggle, Start-rite and Rubys Books!!