40minutes cooking time
- 12 wholemeal mini pita pocket breads
- 8 thick slices of FRY'S Polony sausage
- 12 slices of Vegusto (award winning dairy free melting cheese - Vegusto.co.uk)
- 12 pitted green olives
For the 5 a day pasta / pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable stock/water or red wine
- 3 tomatoes
- 300g jar tomato puree
- 80g crated carrot 80g broccoli and cauliflower florets finely chopped
- 60g curly kale finely chopped
- 80g courgette chopped
- 80g red onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic , chopped
- 1 sprig watercress
- 1 stick of celery grated or finely chopped
- 30g dried apricots finely chopped
- 1 dessertspoon fresh, finely chopped marjoram/oregano
- 1 dessertspoon fresh, finely chopped basil
- 1 dessertspoon fresh, finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 80g red pepper finely chopped
1. In a large, heavy, stainless steel pan with a tight fitting lid put all the sauce vegetables except the red pepper, herbs and the tomato puree and very gently simmer for about 20-30 minutes to cook in their own juices.
2. Add in the tomato puree, red pepper and herbs, stir and reduce on a low heat until there is no spare liquid just a thick sauce.
3. Preheat oven to 180DegC
4. Cut the FRY'S Polony slices into 3 triangular segments and slice olives
5. On each mini pitta, spoon a dessertspoon of tomato sauce, then place 2 segments of FRY'S Polony, a slice of Vegusto melty "cheese" and top with a couple of slices of olives
6. Bake for 10 minutes, until the Vegusto begins to bubble.
Serve warm if possible with a big green salad for tea or as a great lunch box treat.
Karin Ridgers gave up her well paid career to promote vegan living full time. A scary move that has meant she has worked flat out with ups and downs running her own business for 9 years.
Karin is the founder of VeggieVision TV â the internet TV station that addresses the fact that in the UK there are no veggie friendly TV programmes!
Peanut chocolate-drizzle cookies
Wholewheat Spaghetti with Cherry Tomatoes
This recipe produces a delicious light meal
Mixed Bean Casserole with Sliced Avocado
Beans provide one of the best sources of fibre. This nutrient helps to control the release of sugar from carbohydrates, which helps maintain steady energy levels and a feeling of fullness.
Sweet Potato Fries
Spicy, so leave the cayenne pepper out if you prefer
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Since 2001, Explore Learning have helped over 200,000 children to excel academically, reach their potential and achieve the best possible results.
Mapped to the school curriculum, we ensure children progress academically and develop socially, changing their attitude towards learning.