40minutes cooking time
- 12 wholemeal mini pita pocket breads
- 8 thick slices of FRY'S Polony sausage
- 12 slices of Vegusto (award winning dairy free melting cheese - Vegusto.co.uk)
- 12 pitted green olives
For the 5 a day pasta / pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable stock/water or red wine
- 3 tomatoes
- 300g jar tomato puree
- 80g crated carrot 80g broccoli and cauliflower florets finely chopped
- 60g curly kale finely chopped
- 80g courgette chopped
- 80g red onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic , chopped
- 1 sprig watercress
- 1 stick of celery grated or finely chopped
- 30g dried apricots finely chopped
- 1 dessertspoon fresh, finely chopped marjoram/oregano
- 1 dessertspoon fresh, finely chopped basil
- 1 dessertspoon fresh, finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 80g red pepper finely chopped
1. In a large, heavy, stainless steel pan with a tight fitting lid put all the sauce vegetables except the red pepper, herbs and the tomato puree and very gently simmer for about 20-30 minutes to cook in their own juices.
2. Add in the tomato puree, red pepper and herbs, stir and reduce on a low heat until there is no spare liquid just a thick sauce.
3. Preheat oven to 180DegC
4. Cut the FRY'S Polony slices into 3 triangular segments and slice olives
5. On each mini pitta, spoon a dessertspoon of tomato sauce, then place 2 segments of FRY'S Polony, a slice of Vegusto melty "cheese" and top with a couple of slices of olives
6. Bake for 10 minutes, until the Vegusto begins to bubble.
Serve warm if possible with a big green salad for tea or as a great lunch box treat.
Karin Ridgers gave up her well paid career to promote vegan living full time. A scary move that has meant she has worked flat out with ups and downs running her own business for 9 years.
Karin is the founder of VeggieVision TV â the internet TV station that addresses the fact that in the UK there are no veggie friendly TV programmes!
Multicoloured Tofu Frittata
Colourful peppers and herbs with a delicious tofu sauce
Vegan Mini Mushroom Quiche
Increase the ‘mushroomy-ness’ depending on the mushroom used
Peanut chocolate-drizzle cookies
Twice-Baked Potatoes with Leeks and Cheese
Potatoes are a good source of B vitamins and vitamin C
Win with Raring2go!
Everyone likes to receive goodies in the post don't they?! With our regular competitions you are always in with a great chance of winning (as long as you enter of course!) Head on over to our competitions page and see what is on offer this month-you need to be a member, but that's free and easy to do! Go on, what are you waiting for?! Get winning!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here