Peanut chocolate-drizzle cookies
25minutes cooking time
- 50g coconut oil, melted
- 90g light soft brown sugar
- 100g no added sugar crunchy peanut butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100g wholegrain spelt flour or plain/all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda/baking soda
- 40g plain or milk chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Preheat the oven. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Pour the melted coconut oil into a large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the sugar and peanut butter until combined. Next, stir in the egg until mixed in.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda/baking soda. Gently fold the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture in two halves until well blended.
- Place large heaped dessertspoons of the cookie mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes until cooked but still a little soft in the middle.
- Leave the cookies to cool for a couple of minutes, then use a spatula to move them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Using oven gloves, carefully remove the bowl from the pan.
- Using a teaspoon, drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cooled cookies. Leave the chocolate to set and harden.
Nicola Graimes is an award winning cookery writer and former editor of Vegetarian Living magazine. She has written more than 20 books, including The Top 100 Recipes for a Healthy Lunchbox , The Big Book of Wok, The Big Book of LowCarb Recipes, Veggienomics, The New Vegetarian Kitchen (chosen as one of OFM 's Top 50 Cookbooks of the Year), and the bestselling book The Part-Time Vegetarian for Nourish.
Turk-ish Christmas Strudel
Spare the turkey this Christmas with FRY’S Vegetarian Chicken Strips parceled up in crispy seeded filo pastry with a colourful festive concoction!
Celebration of nuts and seeds with gluten free bread crumbs
Keith's Rainbow Dhal
A delicious Vegan Rainbow Dahl from Keith Squires.
Chocolate and Clementine Mousse
Cacao and cocoa powder are rich sources of magnesium
What's on this Easter
Are you looking for some fun through the Easter holidays? Maybe you want to go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Meet the Easter Bunny himself or visit somewhere new? Our What's On Guide will help you plan your diary for a packed fortnight local to you or maybe even further afield if you are feeling more adventurous! Click here and localise to get started!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here