Leek, Kale and Herb Omelette with Green Salad
20minutes cooking time
- 80g salad leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice (5ml)
- 1 tsp olive oil (5ml)
- 6 medium free-range eggs (330g)
- 5g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3g chives, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil (10ml)
- 100g leeks, thoroughly washed and thinly sliced
- 50g kale, de-stalked and finely sliced
- Toss the salad leaves with the lemon juice and olive oil then set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick omelette pan and sweat the leeks and kale for two minutes, stirring frequently, until they are slightly softened.
- Add the egg and herb mixture to the pan.
- When the egg starts to set on the outside and pull away from the side of the pan, flip it over to cook the other side for a few minutes.
- Fold the omelette in half and remove from the pan.
- Cut the omelette in two and serve each half on a plate with the salad leaves.
The Vegetarian Society
The Vegetarian Society influences, inspires and supports people to embrace and maintain a vegetarian lifestyle.
Chocolate and Clementine Mousse
Cacao and cocoa powder are rich sources of magnesium
Butternut Squash Stew with Curly Kale
Kale is a good non-dairy source of calcium, and this dish provides one third of the recommended daily intake of this important nutrient.
Mattar Pulao (Peas Pilau)
This recipe would make a great main or side dish!
Cajun Quorn with Coriander Rice and Mango Salsa
Quorn provides a good low fat source of protein as well as being a great source of zinc, which helps to maintain a strong immune system.
What's on this Easter
Are you looking for some fun through the Easter holidays? Maybe you want to go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Meet the Easter Bunny himself or visit somewhere new? Our What's On Guide will help you plan your diary for a packed fortnight local to you or maybe even further afield if you are feeling more adventurous! Click here and localise to get started!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here