Leek, Kale and Herb Omelette with Green Salad
20minutes cooking time
- 80g salad leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice (5ml)
- 1 tsp olive oil (5ml)
- 6 medium free-range eggs (330g)
- 5g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3g chives, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil (10ml)
- 100g leeks, thoroughly washed and thinly sliced
- 50g kale, de-stalked and finely sliced
- Toss the salad leaves with the lemon juice and olive oil then set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick omelette pan and sweat the leeks and kale for two minutes, stirring frequently, until they are slightly softened.
- Add the egg and herb mixture to the pan.
- When the egg starts to set on the outside and pull away from the side of the pan, flip it over to cook the other side for a few minutes.
- Fold the omelette in half and remove from the pan.
- Cut the omelette in two and serve each half on a plate with the salad leaves.
The Vegetarian Society
The Vegetarian Society influences, inspires and supports people to embrace and maintain a vegetarian lifestyle.
Wholewheat Spaghetti with Cherry Tomatoes
This recipe produces a delicious light meal
Baked Kale Spiced Crisps
I am always looking for ways to add more veg to our diet
Hari Hari Gluten Free Beetroot Pancake
Beetroot pancakes are perfect for creating vibrant treats.
Peanut chocolate-drizzle cookies
Naughty but nice Puddings!
Check out our delicious puddings, my favourite is the limoncello trifle, not suitable for the kids, but there are some other scrummy recipes that the whole family can enjoy! Take a look in our pudding section for recipes to make summer BBQ's and eating alfresco all the more tasty! My girls LOVE the chocolate pizza - making it, but mostly eating it!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!