Cajun Quorn with Coriander Rice and Mango Salsa
20minutes cooking time
For the Cajun Quorn:
- 350g Quorn chicken style pieces
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp crushed dried chilli
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the mango salsa:
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 5 medium cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5g coriander, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
For the coriander rice:
- 100g brown rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large spring onions, finely sliced
- 10g coriander, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil and add the brown rice. Lower the heat, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes until the rice is tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a plastic freezer bag add the Quorn pieces, paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander, dried chilli, garlic and olive oil. Shake the bag until the Quorn is completely coated in the spice mixture.
- Transfer the spiced, coated Quorn pieces to a large, non-stick baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Make the salsa by combining all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Combine the cooked rice with the olive oil, spring onions and coriander.
- Serve the Quorn with the rice and salsa.
The Vegetarian Society
The Vegetarian Society influences, inspires and supports people to embrace and maintain a vegetarian lifestyle.
Hari Hari Gluten Free Beetroot Pancake
Beetroot pancakes are perfect for creating vibrant treats.
Turk-ish Satay Party Sticks
"Turk-ish" Satay Party Sticks- these meat free kebab sticks are made with FRY'S Vegetarian Chicken Strips and dipped in a satay sauce-delicious!
Mattar Pulao (Peas Pilau)
This recipe would make a great main or side dish!
A great way to make vegetables tasty and more appealing for the whole family!
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!