Cajun Quorn with Coriander Rice and Mango Salsa
20minutes cooking time
For the Cajun Quorn:
- 350g Quorn chicken style pieces
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp crushed dried chilli
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the mango salsa:
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 5 medium cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5g coriander, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
For the coriander rice:
- 100g brown rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large spring onions, finely sliced
- 10g coriander, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil and add the brown rice. Lower the heat, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes until the rice is tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a plastic freezer bag add the Quorn pieces, paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander, dried chilli, garlic and olive oil. Shake the bag until the Quorn is completely coated in the spice mixture.
- Transfer the spiced, coated Quorn pieces to a large, non-stick baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Make the salsa by combining all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Combine the cooked rice with the olive oil, spring onions and coriander.
- Serve the Quorn with the rice and salsa.
The Vegetarian Society
The Vegetarian Society influences, inspires and supports people to embrace and maintain a vegetarian lifestyle.
Twice-Baked Potatoes with Leeks and Cheese
Potatoes are a good source of B vitamins and vitamin C
Leek, Kale and Herb Omelette with Green Salad
Leek, Kale and Herb Omelette with Green Salad...
Quinoa & halloumi burgers with corn salsa
I like to use red quinoa to make these substantial burgers for its colour and nutty texture, but any variety will do.
A great way to make vegetables tasty and more appealing for the whole family!
It’s only cold when you’re standing still…
Sarah from Xercise4Less gives Raring2go! some great ideas for family fun to keep fit and healthy. Don't get stuck indoors just because it is winter. Dark mornings, cold blustery evenings and it seems we would all rather reach for our duvet than even contemplate heading outdoors to get active! Remember it’s only cold when you’re standing still…
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!