Cajun Quorn with Coriander Rice and Mango Salsa
20minutes cooking time
For the Cajun Quorn:
- 350g Quorn chicken style pieces
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp crushed dried chilli
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the mango salsa:
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 5 medium cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5g coriander, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
For the coriander rice:
- 100g brown rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large spring onions, finely sliced
- 10g coriander, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil and add the brown rice. Lower the heat, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes until the rice is tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a plastic freezer bag add the Quorn pieces, paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander, dried chilli, garlic and olive oil. Shake the bag until the Quorn is completely coated in the spice mixture.
- Transfer the spiced, coated Quorn pieces to a large, non-stick baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Make the salsa by combining all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Combine the cooked rice with the olive oil, spring onions and coriander.
- Serve the Quorn with the rice and salsa.
The Vegetarian Society
The Vegetarian Society influences, inspires and supports people to embrace and maintain a vegetarian lifestyle.
Lemon Chocolate Mousse
The combination of layers of lemon and chocolate really go well together. This creation has been a very popular dessert at my superfood feasts.
A great way to make vegetables tasty and more appealing for the whole family!
Sticky Tofu Satay Sticks
Made with lovely, firm tofu and a nutty sauce for dipping
We’ve recreated the timeless classic dish of Chicken Kiev...
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here