90minutes cooking time
What vegetables have you got in your fridge? You can use any vegetables, leftover vegetables from last night's dinner. (leftovers from your Sunday roast are perfect!)
Here is an idea of what to use:
- Sweet potato
- Butternut squash
- Salt and Pepper to taste (optional)
- Smoked paprika
- mixed herbs
- Stock Cubes
- chopped tomotes
- Lentils (optional)
- Chickpeas (optional)
- Cut all of the vegetables so that they are roughly the same size
- Cook all of the vegetables in stock, add a tin of chopped tomatoes (I sometimes add chick peas or lentils too)
- Once cooked use a hand blender for a smooth consistency.
- Add more stock or a bit of milk if you want a thinner soup.
- Once blended taste and add a herb or spice of your choice to taste I add smoked paprika, chillies or chilli powder to my soup and my daughter loves it, but if you prefer not to add these that's fine.
- To keep it healthier don't add salt.
- If you want to use a slow cooker, put all of the ingredients in, put the lid on and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Then blend.
- To make roasted vegetable soup cut the vegetables to roughly the same size, put them on a baking tray, drizzle with a little oil and cook for 40mins. Then you can use a hand blender.
I serve this with either tiny pasta as a main meal or with crusty bread.
Beetroot, Red Onion and Courgette Soup
Kilted Chef Craig Wilson from Eat on the Green shares
Brilliant butternut squash bowls
Nutritious meal made from surplus butternut squash
Potato and Carrot Smoothie
Carrot, Potato and Kale Smoothie With Crispy Pancetta
Back To Our Roots Vegetable Broth
From Kilted Chef Craig Wilson from Eat on the Green
Win with Raring2go!
Everyone likes to receive goodies in the post don't they?! With our regular competitions you are always in with a great chance of winning (as long as you enter of course!) Head on over to our competitions page and see what is on offer this month-you need to be a member, but that's free and easy to do! Go on, what are you waiting for?! Get winning!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here