90minutes cooking time
What vegetables have you got in your fridge? You can use any vegetables, leftover vegetables from last night's dinner. (leftovers from your Sunday roast are perfect!)
Here is an idea of what to use:
- Sweet potato
- Butternut squash
- Salt and Pepper to taste (optional)
- Smoked paprika
- mixed herbs
- Stock Cubes
- chopped tomotes
- Lentils (optional)
- Chickpeas (optional)
- Cut all of the vegetables so that they are roughly the same size
- Cook all of the vegetables in stock, add a tin of chopped tomatoes (I sometimes add chick peas or lentils too)
- Once cooked use a hand blender for a smooth consistency.
- Add more stock or a bit of milk if you want a thinner soup.
- Once blended taste and add a herb or spice of your choice to taste I add smoked paprika, chillies or chilli powder to my soup and my daughter loves it, but if you prefer not to add these that's fine.
- To keep it healthier don't add salt.
- If you want to use a slow cooker, put all of the ingredients in, put the lid on and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Then blend.
- To make roasted vegetable soup cut the vegetables to roughly the same size, put them on a baking tray, drizzle with a little oil and cook for 40mins. Then you can use a hand blender.
I serve this with either tiny pasta as a main meal or with crusty bread.
Potato and Carrot Smoothie
Carrot, Potato and Kale Smoothie With Crispy Pancetta
Brilliant butternut squash bowls
Nutritious meal made from surplus butternut squash
Back To Our Roots Vegetable Broth
From Kilted Chef Craig Wilson from Eat on the Green
Beetroot, Red Onion and Courgette Soup
Kilted Chef Craig Wilson from Eat on the Green shares
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Since 2001, Explore Learning have helped over 200,000 children to excel academically, reach their potential and achieve the best possible results.
Mapped to the school curriculum, we ensure children progress academically and develop socially, changing their attitude towards learning.