Naughty but nice Limoncello Trifle
- Madira Cake (1 ½)
- Limoncello (½ bottle-oops)
- Lemon Curd (¾ jar)
- Mascapone Cheese (2 tubs)
- Lemons (2)
- Custard (1 tub)
- Merguines (3 nests)
- Slice the cake into thin slices (about 1 cm thick)
- Pour some of the Limoncello into a bowl and dip each slice of cake into it and the lie them in the bottom of your trifle dish
- Once the bottom of the dish is covered in slices of soaked cake spread a layer of lemon curd on top
- In a mixing bowl mix the juice and zest of 2 lemons with the mascapone cheese and then mix in 2 large tbs of lemon curd in
- Spread the mascapone mix over the lemon curd
- Repeat steps 1 and 2
- Pour over the custard
- Roughly crush the merguines and sprinkle on top
I saw a recipe for a limoncello trifle but typically when I wanted to make it I couldn't find it anywhere-so I just made my own up and it ended up a huge success! Very tasty! It got eaten so quickly I forgot to take a photo-a great excuse to make it again!
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our Digital Content and Strategy Manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Cooking with the Kids: Seasonal Fruit Tart
A classic fruit tart recipe that can be made with seasonal fruit, or the fruit that most appeals to the little mouths in your household.
Carrot Cake with Orange Mascarpone Cream
The Elmscot Group's cookbook -Children’s Mealtime Favourites
These tasty fruit parcels can have any fruit inside!
If you love pizza and puddings then this recipe is perfect for you.
Naughty but nice Puddings!
Check out our delicious puddings, my favourite is the limoncello trifle, not suitable for the kids, but there are some other scrummy recipes that the whole family can enjoy! Take a look in our pudding section for recipes to make summer BBQ's and eating alfresco all the more tasty! My girls LOVE the chocolate pizza - making it, but mostly eating it!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!