Naughty but nice Limoncello Trifle
- Madira Cake (1 ½)
- Limoncello (½ bottle-oops)
- Lemon Curd (¾ jar)
- Mascapone Cheese (2 tubs)
- Lemons (2)
- Custard (1 tub)
- Merguines (3 nests)
- Slice the cake into thin slices (about 1 cm thick)
- Pour some of the Limoncello into a bowl and dip each slice of cake into it and the lie them in the bottom of your trifle dish
- Once the bottom of the dish is covered in slices of soaked cake spread a layer of lemon curd on top
- In a mixing bowl mix the juice and zest of 2 lemons with the mascapone cheese and then mix in 2 large tbs of lemon curd in
- Spread the mascapone mix over the lemon curd
- Repeat steps 1 and 2
- Pour over the custard
- Roughly crush the merguines and sprinkle on top
I saw a recipe for a limoncello trifle but typically when I wanted to make it I couldn't find it anywhere-so I just made my own up and it ended up a huge success! Very tasty! It got eaten so quickly I forgot to take a photo-a great excuse to make it again!
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our digital content and strategy manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Blueberry and Ricotta Tarts
These are delicious and very easy to make with the kids!
If you love pizza and puddings then this recipe is perfect for you.
These tasty fruit parcels can have any fruit inside!
Carrot Cake with Orange Mascarpone Cream
The Elmscot Group's cookbook -Children’s Mealtime Favourites
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!