Naughty but nice Limoncello Trifle
- Madira Cake (1 ½)
- Limoncello (½ bottle-oops)
- Lemon Curd (¾ jar)
- Mascapone Cheese (2 tubs)
- Lemons (2)
- Custard (1 tub)
- Merguines (3 nests)
- Slice the cake into thin slices (about 1 cm thick)
- Pour some of the Limoncello into a bowl and dip each slice of cake into it and the lie them in the bottom of your trifle dish
- Once the bottom of the dish is covered in slices of soaked cake spread a layer of lemon curd on top
- In a mixing bowl mix the juice and zest of 2 lemons with the mascapone cheese and then mix in 2 large tbs of lemon curd in
- Spread the mascapone mix over the lemon curd
- Repeat steps 1 and 2
- Pour over the custard
- Roughly crush the merguines and sprinkle on top
I saw a recipe for a limoncello trifle but typically when I wanted to make it I couldn't find it anywhere-so I just made my own up and it ended up a huge success! Very tasty! It got eaten so quickly I forgot to take a photo-a great excuse to make it again!
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our Digital Content and Strategy Manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
If you love pizza and puddings then this recipe is perfect for you.
Cooking with the Kids: Seasonal Fruit Tart
A classic fruit tart recipe that can be made with seasonal fruit, or the fruit that most appeals to the little mouths in your household.
These tasty fruit parcels can have any fruit inside!
Blueberry and Ricotta Tarts
These are delicious and very easy to make with the kids!
What's on this Easter
Are you looking for some fun through the Easter holidays? Maybe you want to go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Meet the Easter Bunny himself or visit somewhere new? Our What's On Guide will help you plan your diary for a packed fortnight local to you or maybe even further afield if you are feeling more adventurous! Click here and localise to get started!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here