Naughty but nice Limoncello Trifle
- Madira Cake (1 ½)
- Limoncello (½ bottle-oops)
- Lemon Curd (¾ jar)
- Mascapone Cheese (2 tubs)
- Lemons (2)
- Custard (1 tub)
- Merguines (3 nests)
- Slice the cake into thin slices (about 1 cm thick)
- Pour some of the Limoncello into a bowl and dip each slice of cake into it and the lie them in the bottom of your trifle dish
- Once the bottom of the dish is covered in slices of soaked cake spread a layer of lemon curd on top
- In a mixing bowl mix the juice and zest of 2 lemons with the mascapone cheese and then mix in 2 large tbs of lemon curd in
- Spread the mascapone mix over the lemon curd
- Repeat steps 1 and 2
- Pour over the custard
- Roughly crush the merguines and sprinkle on top
I saw a recipe for a limoncello trifle but typically when I wanted to make it I couldn't find it anywhere-so I just made my own up and it ended up a huge success! Very tasty! It got eaten so quickly I forgot to take a photo-a great excuse to make it again!
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our digital content and strategy manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Carrot Cake with Orange Mascarpone Cream
The Elmscot Group's cookbook -Children’s Mealtime Favourites
If you love pizza and puddings then this recipe is perfect for you.
Cooking with the Kids: Seasonal Fruit Tart
A classic fruit tart recipe that can be made with seasonal fruit, or the fruit that most appeals to the little mouths in your household.
Easy Peasy Strawberry Ice Cream
Easy Peasy Strawberry Ice cream is super good for you
hosting a Haunted House Party
Raise money for the British Heart Foundation whilst having a fang-tastic time! Entertain your guest by playing ghostly games and dancing to mysterious music. Why not wow your guests with these healthy and tasty spooky snacks? If you would like to do some freaky face paints then watch these step by step video tutorials. Fri 27th-31st Oct
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!