40minutes cooking time
- You can used tinned fruit or fresh fruit such as Apples, blackberries, rhubarb, gooseberries.
- See below for combination ideas and quantities.
150g plain flour
85g demerara sugar
50g Ground Almonds
- Make sure the fruit is peeled, cored and sliced
- Mix the fruit with any sugar and spices
- Rub the butter into the flour and then add the oats, nuts and sugar
- Place the mixture of fruit into an oven proof dish
- Sprinkle over the topping - I add 1/2 the mix and pat it down a bit and the sprinkle to other 1/2 over the top as I like the texture - to make it more 'crumbly' don't pat any down.
- Place the dish in a preheated over for about 40mins
- serve with clotted cream, single cream, hot custard, cold custard, icecream or all of the above!
Great Crumble Combinations (all serve 4 people)
Apple and Cinnamon - 900g Bramley apples, peeled and sliced, 75g castor sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon
Rhubarb and Ginger - 1kg rhubarb, 100g brown sugar, zest and juice of 1 orange, (2 pieces of stem ginger or 1tsp ginger- add to the crumble top not the rhubarb)
Apple and Blackberry - 3 Bramley apples, peeled and sliced, 300g blackberries, 2 tsp cinnamon, 100g demerara sugar
Blueberry and Ricotta Tarts
These are delicious and very easy to make with the kids!
Naughty but nice Limoncello Trifle
I wanted a limoncello trifle, so I made up my own recipe...
Easy Peasy Strawberry Ice Cream
Easy Peasy Strawberry Ice cream is super good for you
Carrot Cake with Orange Mascarpone Cream
The Elmscot Group's cookbook -Children’s Mealtime Favourites
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Why seize the summer?
Explore Learning believe progress shouldn’t stop at the end of term, and research shows it shouldn’t either.
71% of parents think their children’s abilities drop by the time the new school year starts. We’ve developed a jam-packed summer programme of workshops to give your child the best start to the new school year. Save £50 this summer–why wait?