40minutes cooking time
- You can used tinned fruit or fresh fruit such as Apples, blackberries, rhubarb, gooseberries.
- See below for combination ideas and quantities.
150g plain flour
85g demerara sugar
50g Ground Almonds
- Make sure the fruit is peeled, cored and sliced
- Mix the fruit with any sugar and spices
- Rub the butter into the flour and then add the oats, nuts and sugar
- Place the mixture of fruit into an oven proof dish
- Sprinkle over the topping - I add 1/2 the mix and pat it down a bit and the sprinkle to other 1/2 over the top as I like the texture - to make it more 'crumbly' don't pat any down.
- Place the dish in a preheated over for about 40mins
- serve with clotted cream, single cream, hot custard, cold custard, icecream or all of the above!
Great Crumble Combinations (all serve 4 people)
Apple and Cinnamon - 900g Bramley apples, peeled and sliced, 75g castor sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon
Rhubarb and Ginger - 1kg rhubarb, 100g brown sugar, zest and juice of 1 orange, (2 pieces of stem ginger or 1tsp ginger- add to the crumble top not the rhubarb)
Apple and Blackberry - 3 Bramley apples, peeled and sliced, 300g blackberries, 2 tsp cinnamon, 100g demerara sugar
Naughty but nice Limoncello Trifle
I wanted a limoncello trifle, so I made up my own recipe...
Easy Peasy Strawberry Ice Cream
Easy Peasy Strawberry Ice cream is super good for you
Carrot Cake with Orange Mascarpone Cream
The Elmscot Group's cookbook -Children’s Mealtime Favourites
Blueberry and Ricotta Tarts
These are delicious and very easy to make with the kids!
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!