40minutes cooking time
- You can used tinned fruit or fresh fruit such as Apples, blackberries, rhubarb, gooseberries.
- See below for combination ideas and quantities.
150g plain flour
85g demerara sugar
50g Ground Almonds
- Make sure the fruit is peeled, cored and sliced
- Mix the fruit with any sugar and spices
- Rub the butter into the flour and then add the oats, nuts and sugar
- Place the mixture of fruit into an oven proof dish
- Sprinkle over the topping - I add 1/2 the mix and pat it down a bit and the sprinkle to other 1/2 over the top as I like the texture - to make it more 'crumbly' don't pat any down.
- Place the dish in a preheated over for about 40mins
- serve with clotted cream, single cream, hot custard, cold custard, icecream or all of the above!
Great Crumble Combinations (all serve 4 people)
Apple and Cinnamon - 900g Bramley apples, peeled and sliced, 75g castor sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon
Rhubarb and Ginger - 1kg rhubarb, 100g brown sugar, zest and juice of 1 orange, (2 pieces of stem ginger or 1tsp ginger- add to the crumble top not the rhubarb)
Apple and Blackberry - 3 Bramley apples, peeled and sliced, 300g blackberries, 2 tsp cinnamon, 100g demerara sugar
If you love pizza and puddings then this recipe is perfect for you.
Cooking with the Kids: Seasonal Fruit Tart
A classic fruit tart recipe that can be made with seasonal fruit, or the fruit that most appeals to the little mouths in your household.
Easy Peasy Strawberry Ice Cream
Easy Peasy Strawberry Ice cream is super good for you
These tasty fruit parcels can have any fruit inside!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
We all know that the festive period is a time for giving, spending time as a family and for over indulging, and we are here to help! Our Christmas recipe section has lots of tasty treats to satisfy the sweet and savoury cravings of the whole family. Get busy in the kitchen with the kids and enjoy some delicious food together this Christmas.