40minutes cooking time
- You can used tinned fruit or fresh fruit such as Apples, blackberries, rhubarb, gooseberries.
- See below for combination ideas and quantities.
150g plain flour
85g demerara sugar
50g Ground Almonds
- Make sure the fruit is peeled, cored and sliced
- Mix the fruit with any sugar and spices
- Rub the butter into the flour and then add the oats, nuts and sugar
- Place the mixture of fruit into an oven proof dish
- Sprinkle over the topping - I add 1/2 the mix and pat it down a bit and the sprinkle to other 1/2 over the top as I like the texture - to make it more 'crumbly' don't pat any down.
- Place the dish in a preheated over for about 40mins
- serve with clotted cream, single cream, hot custard, cold custard, icecream or all of the above!
Great Crumble Combinations (all serve 4 people)
Apple and Cinnamon - 900g Bramley apples, peeled and sliced, 75g castor sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon
Rhubarb and Ginger - 1kg rhubarb, 100g brown sugar, zest and juice of 1 orange, (2 pieces of stem ginger or 1tsp ginger- add to the crumble top not the rhubarb)
Apple and Blackberry - 3 Bramley apples, peeled and sliced, 300g blackberries, 2 tsp cinnamon, 100g demerara sugar
Easy Peasy Strawberry Ice Cream
Easy Peasy Strawberry Ice cream is super good for you
If you love pizza and puddings then this recipe is perfect for you.
Carrot Cake with Orange Mascarpone Cream
The Elmscot Group's cookbook -Children’s Mealtime Favourites
Naughty but nice Limoncello Trifle
I wanted a limoncello trifle, so I made up my own recipe...
Join Explore Learning and save £50
Since 2001 over 200,000 children have excelled academically, reached their potential and achieved the best possible results with Explore Learning. Mapped to the school curriculum, we ensure children progress academically and develop socially, changing their attitude towards learning.
Win with Raring2go!
Everyone likes to receive goodies in the post don't they?! With our regular competitions you are always in with a great chance of winning (as long as you enter of course!) Head on over to our competitions page and see what is on offer this month-you need to be a member, but that's free and easy to do! Go on, what are you waiting for?! Get winning!