Toad in the Hole
30minutes cooking time
- 285 ml milk
- 125 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- You can use any sausages you like - I tend to do a mixture as the kids like chipolatas best. The amount of sausages will also depend on how many your family eat! I do about 5 normal and 4 chipolatas-suits us!
- Make the batter by whisking all of the ingredients together and setting to one side.
- Put 2 tbsp of oil into an oven proof dish, place in the oven on Gas Mark 8 until the oil is smoking hot (about 5-10 mins)
- Add the sausages and the batter very slowly - The oil is so hot it may spit so take extra care! Turn the oven down to Gas Mark 6.
- Put the dish back into the oven for about 25 mins - do not open the oven door during this time.
- Serve with anything you like - we love it with mashed potato, vegetables and gravy.
Chinese Take Away at Home
Its really easy, here is our Thai Green Curry...
Leek and Cheddar Cheese Crumble
This makes the perfect side dish to accompany any Sunday roast. Made with a combination of oats and nuts this is something that will definitely wow your dinner guests.
Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a Butter, Almond, Sage and Honey Granish
Why not try Giovanni Rana’s recipe for this traditional Italian summer favourite, Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a butter and almond garnish, as created by Mr Giovanni Rana and Antonella Rana in this short film.
Spiced lamb with couscous salad
This is a very simple, but delicious meal, hot or cold.
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!