Toad in the Hole
30minutes cooking time
- 285 ml milk
- 125 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- You can use any sausages you like - I tend to do a mixture as the kids like chipolatas best. The amount of sausages will also depend on how many your family eat! I do about 5 normal and 4 chipolatas-suits us!
- Make the batter by whisking all of the ingredients together and setting to one side.
- Put 2 tbsp of oil into an oven proof dish, place in the oven on Gas Mark 8 until the oil is smoking hot (about 5-10 mins)
- Add the sausages and the batter very slowly - The oil is so hot it may spit so take extra care! Turn the oven down to Gas Mark 6.
- Put the dish back into the oven for about 25 mins - do not open the oven door during this time.
- Serve with anything you like - we love it with mashed potato, vegetables and gravy.
Mackerel with Spinach (Macher Chorchori)
Based on the traditional Bengali dish known as ‘chorchori’ (medley) this is variation which I learnt to cook from my father
Flatbread pizza with tomatoes, parmesan and rocket.
Turkey Tips from Farmer Booth
Turkey Tips from Farmer Booth...
Chilli Carne Chicken
Easy Chili Carne Chicken:
Most children love to help in the kitchen, whether it is preparing a whole meal or baking some tasty treats. We have lots of yummy recipes that the children can help with, and that the whole family can then enjoy eating. Click here to take a look at our recipe section for mealtime inspiration and cheeky goodies to try with the family this summer!!!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here