Toad in the Hole
30minutes cooking time
- 285 ml milk
- 125 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- You can use any sausages you like - I tend to do a mixture as the kids like chipolatas best. The amount of sausages will also depend on how many your family eat! I do about 5 normal and 4 chipolatas-suits us!
- Make the batter by whisking all of the ingredients together and setting to one side.
- Put 2 tbsp of oil into an oven proof dish, place in the oven on Gas Mark 8 until the oil is smoking hot (about 5-10 mins)
- Add the sausages and the batter very slowly - The oil is so hot it may spit so take extra care! Turn the oven down to Gas Mark 6.
- Put the dish back into the oven for about 25 mins - do not open the oven door during this time.
- Serve with anything you like - we love it with mashed potato, vegetables and gravy.
Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a Butter, Almond, Sage and Honey Granish
Why not try Giovanni Rana’s recipe for this traditional Italian summer favourite, Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a butter and almond garnish, as created by Mr Giovanni Rana and Antonella Rana in this short film.
Healthy Pasta Salad
Try making this healthy pasta salad at home.
My girls love garlic bread; it is so easy and cheap to make!
Tangy Chicken and Mango Fajitas
Why not join the fajita craze with taste developer Andrea Lembke, who’s serving up her favourite dish with a twist this summer with her favourite recipe for Tangy Chicken and Mango fajitas
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
We all know that the festive period is a time for giving, spending time as a family and for over indulging, and we are here to help! Our Christmas recipe section has lots of tasty treats to satisfy the sweet and savoury cravings of the whole family. Get busy in the kitchen with the kids and enjoy some delicious food together this Christmas.