Spiced lamb with couscous salad
10minutes cooking time
- Lamb chops, or your favourite cut.
- A pinch of chilli powder
- A small pinch of cayenne powder
- A pinch of turmeric
- Seasoning-salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 150g/5oz couscous, cooked according to packet instructions
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Chopped dried apricots
- Chopped almonds
- This will make enough for 2 people as a meal or more if you are having smaller portions at a picnic. If you are feeding lots of mouths cook enough lamb and increase the amounts of all other ingredients. You can add as little or as much of the spices to the lamb depending on how spicy you want it.
- For the spiced lamb, rub the lamb chop with the chilli powder, cayenne pepper, turmeric and season.
- Preheat a pan and add the oil. Add the lamb and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- For the couscous salad, heat the oil in a pan and add the red onion and pepper. Cook until soft. Add the apricots and take off the heat.
- Mix together the couscous and the onion and pepper mixture.
- To serve you can mix cut up the lamb and mix it into the couscous.
Roasted Leek, Endive, Walnut and Apple Salad with Goats Cheese
It’s always nice to have something a little bit different from a standard salad and this wintery salad is just that.
So many fillings to choose from with this delicious folded pizza!
Warm Summer Salad
This is a great alternative to a traditional salad.
Rice and Raisin Pilaf
For a dinner party dish, you’ll be ‘hostess with the mostess’ with Cathryn’s delicious raisin and rice pilaf. This humble dish is a blend of both sweet and savoury flavours with a regal past, once served at banquets for Alexander the Great.
Looking for ways to save money on those family days out? Want the best discounts on those cinema trips? How about getting “Kids Eat Free” at that family meal out? Or get the best deal when booking that UK summer break?
We have the answer!!!
Kids Pass is the UK’s No. 1 family discount pass used by parents.
Click here to join over 1 million members...
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!