Spiced lamb with couscous salad
10minutes cooking time
- Lamb chops, or your favourite cut.
- A pinch of chilli powder
- A small pinch of cayenne powder
- A pinch of turmeric
- Seasoning-salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 150g/5oz couscous, cooked according to packet instructions
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Chopped dried apricots
- Chopped almonds
- This will make enough for 2 people as a meal or more if you are having smaller portions at a picnic. If you are feeding lots of mouths cook enough lamb and increase the amounts of all other ingredients. You can add as little or as much of the spices to the lamb depending on how spicy you want it.
- For the spiced lamb, rub the lamb chop with the chilli powder, cayenne pepper, turmeric and season.
- Preheat a pan and add the oil. Add the lamb and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- For the couscous salad, heat the oil in a pan and add the red onion and pepper. Cook until soft. Add the apricots and take off the heat.
- Mix together the couscous and the onion and pepper mixture.
- To serve you can mix cut up the lamb and mix it into the couscous.
Leek and Pulled Ham Bubble and Squeak
It’s a wonder what to do with leftovers from a Sunday lunch.
Leek, White Bean and Smoked Haddock Stew
This hearty stew could as easily be classed as a chunky soup
A lovely pie-perfect with mash and veg..nice and comforting!
Healthy Pasta Salad
Try making this healthy pasta salad at home.
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
Now that we are in winter everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to enjoy the festive season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the world around you - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle!