Spiced lamb with couscous salad
10minutes cooking time
- Lamb chops, or your favourite cut.
- A pinch of chilli powder
- A small pinch of cayenne powder
- A pinch of turmeric
- Seasoning-salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 150g/5oz couscous, cooked according to packet instructions
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Chopped dried apricots
- Chopped almonds
- This will make enough for 2 people as a meal or more if you are having smaller portions at a picnic. If you are feeding lots of mouths cook enough lamb and increase the amounts of all other ingredients. You can add as little or as much of the spices to the lamb depending on how spicy you want it.
- For the spiced lamb, rub the lamb chop with the chilli powder, cayenne pepper, turmeric and season.
- Preheat a pan and add the oil. Add the lamb and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- For the couscous salad, heat the oil in a pan and add the red onion and pepper. Cook until soft. Add the apricots and take off the heat.
- Mix together the couscous and the onion and pepper mixture.
- To serve you can mix cut up the lamb and mix it into the couscous.
This delicious family favourite can be adapted for everyone
Leek and Cheddar Cheese Crumble
The perfect side dish to accompany any Sunday roast.
Turkey Tips from Farmer Booth
Turkey Tips from Farmer Booth...
Treat the family to pizza with a difference
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Try the multi‑award winning online reading programme for ages 2–13. Designed by expert educators, it's the proven way to help your child learn to read and prepare for school while having fun.
Reading Eggs makes learning to read easy and fun for young kids — and it really works!