Spiced lamb with couscous salad
10minutes cooking time
- Lamb chops, or your favourite cut.
- A pinch of chilli powder
- A small pinch of cayenne powder
- A pinch of turmeric
- Seasoning-salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 150g/5oz couscous, cooked according to packet instructions
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Chopped dried apricots
- Chopped almonds
- This will make enough for 2 people as a meal or more if you are having smaller portions at a picnic. If you are feeding lots of mouths cook enough lamb and increase the amounts of all other ingredients. You can add as little or as much of the spices to the lamb depending on how spicy you want it.
- For the spiced lamb, rub the lamb chop with the chilli powder, cayenne pepper, turmeric and season.
- Preheat a pan and add the oil. Add the lamb and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- For the couscous salad, heat the oil in a pan and add the red onion and pepper. Cook until soft. Add the apricots and take off the heat.
- Mix together the couscous and the onion and pepper mixture.
- To serve you can mix cut up the lamb and mix it into the couscous.
Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a Butter, Almond, Sage and Honey Granish
Why not try Giovanni Rana’s recipe for this traditional Italian summer favourite, Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a butter and almond garnish, as created by Mr Giovanni Rana and Antonella Rana in this short film.
Chip shop cod fillets
Served with homemade curry sauce, chips & minted mushy peas.
For when you’re looking to sneak your five-a-day into the kids’ diets with ease, Cathryn’s vegetable tagine is jam-packed with flavourful vegetables, and is as hearty as it is healthy.
Beef or Pork Ribs
The Stores chef Tim has a great recipe for BBQ ribs to share with the readers of Raring2go! Don't worry if the weather doesn’t hold – they’re just as good made in the oven as they are on the BBQ.
hosting a Haunted House Party
Raise money for the British Heart Foundation whilst having a fang-tastic time! Entertain your guest by playing ghostly games and dancing to mysterious music. Why not wow your guests with these healthy and tasty spooky snacks? If you would like to do some freaky face paints then watch these step by step video tutorials. Fri 27th-31st Oct
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!