Roasted Leek, Endive, Walnut and Apple Salad with Goats Cheese
30minutes cooking time
- 3 leeks, most of the tough green top removed and the remaining part cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2-3 red endives, leaves separated
- 100g halved walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 eating apples, e.g. Braeburn, cut into thin slices
- 300g goats cheese log, crumbled
- 100g pomegranate seeds
For the Dressing:
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 dessert spoon cider vinegar
- 3 dessert spoons extra virgin rape seed oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Place the leeks onto a baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Season with salt and pepper, cover with foil and place into the hot oven for 25-30 minutes.
- While your leeks are cooking, you can prepare the rest of your ingredients as instructed above and make your dressing. Place the Dijon mustard in a small jar along with the honey, vinegar and the oil. Add a little salt and pepper, place the lid on top and shake hard until the dressing is combined.
- Once the leeks are cooked, remove them from the oven and cut into quarters, lengthways. Mix the leeks and endive leaves with the walnuts, sliced apples and pomegranate seeds. Dress lightly with half of the dressing and pile onto a big platter. Top with crumbled goats cheese and finish with the remaining dressing.
Sophie Wright, one of the youngest stars of British cuisine creates a range of classic British dishes with a modern twist. The chef, author of âHome at 7, Dinner at 8' has used her creative flair to develop six new contemporary recipes, which include weekday wonders and satisfying suppers.
Like a sausage casserole but with the added scone topping!
Healthy Pasta Salad
Try making this healthy pasta salad at home.
Chicken breast roll garnished with Kalettes®
Chicken breast roll filled with roasted red pepper garnished with Kalettes® and potato cubes.
So many fillings to choose from with this delicious folded pizza!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
We all know that the festive period is a time for giving, spending time as a family and for over indulging, and we are here to help! Our Christmas recipe section has lots of tasty treats to satisfy the sweet and savoury cravings of the whole family. Get busy in the kitchen with the kids and enjoy some delicious food together this Christmas.