Roasted Leek, Endive, Walnut and Apple Salad with Goats Cheese
30minutes cooking time
- 3 leeks, most of the tough green top removed and the remaining part cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2-3 red endives, leaves separated
- 100g halved walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 eating apples, e.g. Braeburn, cut into thin slices
- 300g goats cheese log, crumbled
- 100g pomegranate seeds
For the Dressing:
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 dessert spoon cider vinegar
- 3 dessert spoons extra virgin rape seed oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Place the leeks onto a baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Season with salt and pepper, cover with foil and place into the hot oven for 25-30 minutes.
- While your leeks are cooking, you can prepare the rest of your ingredients as instructed above and make your dressing. Place the Dijon mustard in a small jar along with the honey, vinegar and the oil. Add a little salt and pepper, place the lid on top and shake hard until the dressing is combined.
- Once the leeks are cooked, remove them from the oven and cut into quarters, lengthways. Mix the leeks and endive leaves with the walnuts, sliced apples and pomegranate seeds. Dress lightly with half of the dressing and pile onto a big platter. Top with crumbled goats cheese and finish with the remaining dressing.
Sophie Wright, one of the youngest stars of British cuisine creates a range of classic British dishes with a modern twist. The chef, author of âHome at 7, Dinner at 8' has used her creative flair to develop six new contemporary recipes, which include weekday wonders and satisfying suppers.
Rice and Raisin Pilaf
For a dinner party dish, you’ll be ‘hostess with the mostess’ with Cathryn’s delicious raisin and rice pilaf. This humble dish is a blend of both sweet and savoury flavours with a regal past, once served at banquets for Alexander the Great.
Short Crust Pastry
This is easy to make and great for savoury and sweet pies!
For when you’re looking to sneak your five-a-day into the kids’ diets with ease, Cathryn’s vegetable tagine is jam-packed with flavourful vegetables, and is as hearty as it is healthy.
Tempura chunky cod fillet fish fingers
Posh fish finger sandwich with Serge’s tartar sauce & fries.
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Try the multi‑award winning online reading programme for ages 2–13. Designed by expert educators, it's the proven way to help your child learn to read and prepare for school while having fun.
Reading Eggs makes learning to read easy and fun for young kids — and it really works!