Roasted Leek, Endive, Walnut and Apple Salad with Goats Cheese
30minutes cooking time
- 3 leeks, most of the tough green top removed and the remaining part cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2-3 red endives, leaves separated
- 100g halved walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 eating apples, e.g. Braeburn, cut into thin slices
- 300g goats cheese log, crumbled
- 100g pomegranate seeds
For the Dressing:
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 dessert spoon cider vinegar
- 3 dessert spoons extra virgin rape seed oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Place the leeks onto a baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Season with salt and pepper, cover with foil and place into the hot oven for 25-30 minutes.
- While your leeks are cooking, you can prepare the rest of your ingredients as instructed above and make your dressing. Place the Dijon mustard in a small jar along with the honey, vinegar and the oil. Add a little salt and pepper, place the lid on top and shake hard until the dressing is combined.
- Once the leeks are cooked, remove them from the oven and cut into quarters, lengthways. Mix the leeks and endive leaves with the walnuts, sliced apples and pomegranate seeds. Dress lightly with half of the dressing and pile onto a big platter. Top with crumbled goats cheese and finish with the remaining dressing.
Sophie Wright, one of the youngest stars of British cuisine creates a range of classic British dishes with a modern twist. The chef, author of ‘Home at 7, Dinner at 8’ has used her creative flair to develop six new contemporary recipes, which include weekday wonders and satisfying suppers.
Mexican Chicken and Mixed Pepper Fajitas
The Elmscot Group's cookbook -Children’s Mealtime Favourites
Spiced lamb with couscous salad
This is a very simple, but delicious meal, hot or cold.
Chicken and Pea Risotto
This is a really simple, but tasty meal.
Turkey Tips from Farmer Booth
Turkey Tips from Farmer Booth...
Halloween is the perfect time of year to get creative in the kitchen and making food scarily fun! Whether you want to jazz up a slice of cheese on toast or go full out for a party with spooky drinks and disgusting nibbles we have some great Halloween recipes for you right here. The kids will love getting involved - or have a surprise goulish meal!!
Be safe this Bonfire Night
Be safe this Bonfire Night by making sure that you, pets and your family know and follow the very important Fireworks Code. Have fun if you are going to an event or having friends and family round at home. It includes safety rules for sparklers too! You will also be able to download our Fireworks Code poster to display if you are hosting an event.