Roasted Leek, Endive, Walnut and Apple Salad with Goats Cheese
30minutes cooking time
- 3 leeks, most of the tough green top removed and the remaining part cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2-3 red endives, leaves separated
- 100g halved walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 eating apples, e.g. Braeburn, cut into thin slices
- 300g goats cheese log, crumbled
- 100g pomegranate seeds
For the Dressing:
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 dessert spoon cider vinegar
- 3 dessert spoons extra virgin rape seed oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Place the leeks onto a baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Season with salt and pepper, cover with foil and place into the hot oven for 25-30 minutes.
- While your leeks are cooking, you can prepare the rest of your ingredients as instructed above and make your dressing. Place the Dijon mustard in a small jar along with the honey, vinegar and the oil. Add a little salt and pepper, place the lid on top and shake hard until the dressing is combined.
- Once the leeks are cooked, remove them from the oven and cut into quarters, lengthways. Mix the leeks and endive leaves with the walnuts, sliced apples and pomegranate seeds. Dress lightly with half of the dressing and pile onto a big platter. Top with crumbled goats cheese and finish with the remaining dressing.
Sophie Wright, one of the youngest stars of British cuisine creates a range of classic British dishes with a modern twist. The chef, author of ‘Home at 7, Dinner at 8’ has used her creative flair to develop six new contemporary recipes, which include weekday wonders and satisfying suppers.
So many fillings to choose from with this delicious folded pizza!
For when you’re looking to sneak your five-a-day into the kids’ diets with ease, Cathryn’s vegetable tagine is jam-packed with flavourful vegetables, and is as hearty as it is healthy.
Giovanni Rana’s mozzarella, tomatoes and olives ravioli
If you have the luxury of time, why not try Mr Giovanni Rana’s unique recipe for these traditional Italian treasures: Mozeralla, tomato and olive ravioli with pesto Genovese, using his short film and the recipe below.
Leek, Parsnip and Chestnut Soup
I’m a real soup lover and none are complete without the addition of leeks. However, rather than just using leeks as a background flavour, I really want to bring them to life, and pair them with ingredients they really love.
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!