Roasted Leek, Endive, Walnut and Apple Salad with Goats Cheese
30minutes cooking time
- 3 leeks, most of the tough green top removed and the remaining part cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2-3 red endives, leaves separated
- 100g halved walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 eating apples, e.g. Braeburn, cut into thin slices
- 300g goats cheese log, crumbled
- 100g pomegranate seeds
For the Dressing:
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 dessert spoon cider vinegar
- 3 dessert spoons extra virgin rape seed oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Place the leeks onto a baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Season with salt and pepper, cover with foil and place into the hot oven for 25-30 minutes.
- While your leeks are cooking, you can prepare the rest of your ingredients as instructed above and make your dressing. Place the Dijon mustard in a small jar along with the honey, vinegar and the oil. Add a little salt and pepper, place the lid on top and shake hard until the dressing is combined.
- Once the leeks are cooked, remove them from the oven and cut into quarters, lengthways. Mix the leeks and endive leaves with the walnuts, sliced apples and pomegranate seeds. Dress lightly with half of the dressing and pile onto a big platter. Top with crumbled goats cheese and finish with the remaining dressing.
Sophie Wright, one of the youngest stars of British cuisine creates a range of classic British dishes with a modern twist. The chef, author of ‘Home at 7, Dinner at 8’ has used her creative flair to develop six new contemporary recipes, which include weekday wonders and satisfying suppers.
Leek and Pulled Ham Bubble and Squeak with a Poached Egg
It’s always a wonder what to do with leftovers from a Sunday lunch. A few roast potatoes, a bit of cabbage, a spoonful of stray peas and perhaps a few overly crispy parsnips...
Chicken, Sausage & Bacon Kebabs BBQ Recipe
Do your kids love to cook? They'll love helping with this
Spiced lamb with couscous salad
This is a very simple, but delicious meal, hot or cold.
Mackerel with Spinach (Macher Chorchori)
Based on the traditional Bengali dish known as ‘chorchori’ (medley) this is variation which I learnt to cook from my father
Advent Calendar Competition
This year we are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day from 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Our Little Globe, Stuck on You, Thermapen, Scentco UK, ToucanBox, HamaBeads, Orchard Toys, Pip Ahoy, Gotrovo and more, don't miss it!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!