Leek, White Bean and Smoked Haddock Stew
20minutes cooking time
- 30g butter
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced thinly into rings
- 200g potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm dice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400ml milk
- 600ml fish, chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 400g smoked haddock fillet, undyed
- 30g plain flour
- 1 x 195g tin of sweetcorn
- 2 x 400g tins white beans; drained and washed (you can use cannellini, butter or haricot beans)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Place a medium-sized saucepan or sautÃƒ© pan on the stove and add the butter. Allow it to melt before adding the leeks and potatoes with a pinch of salt and a generous twist of pepper. Cook for 10 minutes until the leeks are soft.
- Meanwhile, pour the milk and the stock into another pan with the bay leaf and add the fish. Bring to the boil before removing the fish from the poaching liquor. When cool enough to handle, flake the fish into chunks and remove and discard any skin. Set the cooking liquor aside.
- Add the flour and the sweetcorn to the leeks and potatoes and stir well. Cook the flour and sweetcorn for a few minutes before adding the hot poaching liquor. Mix well and bring to the boil. Add the drained beans and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the flaked fish to the stew and heat through. Taste for seasoning. Stir in the chopped parsley and sprinkle with a little smoked paprika. Serve with crusty white bread.
Leeks and smoked haddock are the perfect bedfellows. It’s really easy to prepare and uses very few ingredients.
Sophie Wright, one of the youngest stars of British cuisine creates a range of classic British dishes with a modern twist. The chef, author of âHome at 7, Dinner at 8' has used her creative flair to develop six new contemporary recipes, which include weekday wonders and satisfying suppers.
Like a sausage casserole but with the added scone topping!
Chip shop cod fillets
Served with homemade curry sauce, chips & minted mushy peas.
Warm Summer Salad
This is a great alternative to a traditional salad.
Healthy Pasta Salad
Try making this healthy pasta salad at home.
We build holidays around you. Not us. And with over 175 parcs in wonderful locations throughout Europe, we're sure we've got the perfect place for you.
Wherever your're headed, you'll find the possibilities are endless! So why not make the most of our flexible travel dates and find the perfect holiday for your family?
What's more, you can save £££!
Now that we are in winter everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to enjoy the festive season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the world around you - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle!