Leek and Cheddar Cheese Crumble
30minutes cooking time
- 30g butter
- 4 large leeks cut into 2cm slices
- 30g plain flour
- 400mls whole milk
- 175g cheddar cheese
- 2 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- 30g chopped parsley
For the topping:
- 100g plain flour
- 100g rolled oats
- 75g diced butter
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place the butter in to a large sautÃ© pan and turn the heat to medium. When melted, add the sliced leeks, stir around in the butter and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring all occasionally.
- When the leeks are soft, add the flour and stir around in the leeks for a few minutes. Now add half of the milk, stir well and bring to the boil. When the milk starts to thicken, add the remaining milk and repeat the process. Add the grated cheese, the mustard, the chopped parsley, season with salt and pepper and leave to cool.
- Make the crumble topping by combining the flour with the oats before adding the diced butter and combining together using your fingers. Once the mix resembles bread crumbs, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour your leeks into a baking dish and top with the crumble. Place into a hot oven to cook for 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Serve straight from the oven to the table.
Sophie Wright, one of the youngest stars of British cuisine creates a range of classic British dishes with a modern twist. The chef, author of ‘Home at 7, Dinner at 8’ has used her creative flair to develop six new contemporary recipes, which include weekday wonders and satisfying suppers.
Chinese Take Away at Home
Its really easy, here is our Thai Green Curry - Sweet Thai basil, kaffir lime leaves and fresh green chillies are key ingredients for this wonderfully sweet, aromatic and hot Thai curry.
Chicken, Sausage & Bacon Kebabs BBQ Recipe
Do your kids love to cook? They'll love helping with this
Leek, White Bean and Smoked Haddock Stew
This hearty stew could just as easily be classed as a chunky soup. Leeks and smoked haddock are the perfect bedfellows. It’s really easy to prepare and uses very few ingredients.
Chip shop cod fillets
Served with homemade curry sauce, chips & minted mushy peas.
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!