Leek and Cheddar Cheese Crumble
30minutes cooking time
- 30g butter
- 4 large leeks cut into 2cm slices
- 30g plain flour
- 400mls whole milk
- 175g cheddar cheese
- 2 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- 30g chopped parsley
For the topping:
- 100g plain flour
- 100g rolled oats
- 75g diced butter
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place the butter in to a large sautÃ© pan and turn the heat to medium. When melted, add the sliced leeks, stir around in the butter and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring all occasionally.
- When the leeks are soft, add the flour and stir around in the leeks for a few minutes. Now add half of the milk, stir well and bring to the boil. When the milk starts to thicken, add the remaining milk and repeat the process. Add the grated cheese, the mustard, the chopped parsley, season with salt and pepper and leave to cool.
- Make the crumble topping by combining the flour with the oats before adding the diced butter and combining together using your fingers. Once the mix resembles bread crumbs, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour your leeks into a baking dish and top with the crumble. Place into a hot oven to cook for 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Serve straight from the oven to the table.
Sophie Wright, one of the youngest stars of British cuisine creates a range of classic British dishes with a modern twist. The chef, author of âHome at 7, Dinner at 8' has used her creative flair to develop six new contemporary recipes, which include weekday wonders and satisfying suppers.
Chilli Carne Chicken
Easy Chili Carne Chicken:
Tempura chunky cod fillet fish fingers
Posh fish finger sandwich with Serge’s tartar sauce & fries.
This dough recipe is perfect for savoury and sweet pizzas!
Roasted Leek, Endive, Walnut and Apple Salad with Goats Cheese
It’s always nice to have something a little bit different from a standard salad and this wintery salad is just that.
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!
Advent Calendar Competition
We are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Forest Holidays, Kidz Bop, BeGenio, Littlelife, Daisy & Ollie, Pip Ahoy, My Fairy Garden, Superfast Thermapen, Smiggle, Start-rite and Rubys Books!!