Leek and Cheddar Cheese Crumble
30minutes cooking time
- 30g butter
- 4 large leeks cut into 2cm slices
- 30g plain flour
- 400mls whole milk
- 175g cheddar cheese
- 2 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- 30g chopped parsley
- 100g plain flour
- 100g rolled oats
- 75g diced butter
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place the butter in to a large sautÃƒ© pan and turn the heat to medium. When melted, add the sliced leeks, stir around in the butter and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring all occasionally.
- When the leeks are soft, add the flour and stir around in the leeks for a few minutes. Now add half of the milk, stir well and bring to the boil. When the milk starts to thicken, add the remaining milk and repeat the process. Add the grated cheese, the mustard, the chopped parsley, season with salt and pepper and leave to cool.
- Make the crumble topping by combining the flour with the oats before adding the diced butter and combining together using your fingers. Once the mix resembles bread crumbs, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour your leeks into a baking dish and top with the crumble. Place into a hot oven to cook for 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Serve straight from the oven to the table.
Sophie Wright, one of the youngest stars of British cuisine creates a range of classic British dishes with a modern twist. The chef, author of âHome at 7, Dinner at 8' has used her creative flair to develop six new contemporary recipes, which include weekday wonders and satisfying suppers.
Spiced lamb with couscous salad
This is a very simple, but delicious meal, hot or cold.
Chicken breast roll garnished with Kalettes®
Chicken breast roll filled with roasted red pepper garnished with Kalettes® and potato cubes.
Traffic Light Puffs
Traffic light puffs, a terrific recipe and fun to make!
Roasted Leek, Endive, Walnut and Apple Salad
It’s always nice to have something a little bit different..
We build holidays around you. Not us. And with over 175 parcs in wonderful locations throughout Europe, we're sure we've got the perfect place for you.
Wherever your're headed, you'll find the possibilities are endless! So why not make the most of our flexible travel dates and find the perfect holiday for your family?
What's more, you can save £££!
Now that we are in winter everyone is looking for things to do with the kids to enjoy the festive season. Here we have some great ideas, and they don't all involve being cooped up indoors! Get out and enjoy the world around you - you can always return home afterwards for a hot chocolate and a snuggle!