Leek and Cheddar Cheese Crumble
30minutes cooking time
- 30g butter
- 4 large leeks cut into 2cm slices
- 30g plain flour
- 400mls whole milk
- 175g cheddar cheese
- 2 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- 30g chopped parsley
For the topping:
- 100g plain flour
- 100g rolled oats
- 75g diced butter
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place the butter in to a large sautÃ© pan and turn the heat to medium. When melted, add the sliced leeks, stir around in the butter and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring all occasionally.
- When the leeks are soft, add the flour and stir around in the leeks for a few minutes. Now add half of the milk, stir well and bring to the boil. When the milk starts to thicken, add the remaining milk and repeat the process. Add the grated cheese, the mustard, the chopped parsley, season with salt and pepper and leave to cool.
- Make the crumble topping by combining the flour with the oats before adding the diced butter and combining together using your fingers. Once the mix resembles bread crumbs, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour your leeks into a baking dish and top with the crumble. Place into a hot oven to cook for 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Serve straight from the oven to the table.
Sophie Wright, one of the youngest stars of British cuisine creates a range of classic British dishes with a modern twist. The chef, author of ‘Home at 7, Dinner at 8’ has used her creative flair to develop six new contemporary recipes, which include weekday wonders and satisfying suppers.
Chinese Take Away at Home
Its really easy, here is our Thai Green Curry - Sweet Thai basil, kaffir lime leaves and fresh green chillies are key ingredients for this wonderfully sweet, aromatic and hot Thai curry.
Spiced lamb with couscous salad
This is a very simple, but delicious meal, hot or cold.
Leek, Parsnip and Chestnut Soup
I’m a real soup lover and none are complete without the addition of leeks. However, rather than just using leeks as a background flavour, I really want to bring them to life, and pair them with ingredients they really love.
Leek, Stewed Venison and Wild Mushroom Pies
A proper pie that has a crispy, pastry top. Yum! Give this rich, full bodied pie a go, I can promise you that the combination of delicious British leeks, with venison and wild mushrooms are a match made in heaven.
Go Ape Competition
Join the Adventure - Imagine going into school and telling your class you have just won them ALL a trip to Go Ape! What a great treat for 2017 that would be. We have teamed up with the lovely people over at award winning Go Ape to give 4 classes the chance of winning a class trip to a Go Ape venue. Live Life more adventuously - our challenge to you
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!