Leek and Cheddar Cheese Crumble
30minutes cooking time
- 30g butter
- 4 large leeks cut into 2cm slices
- 30g plain flour
- 400mls whole milk
- 175g cheddar cheese
- 2 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- 30g chopped parsley
For the topping:
- 100g plain flour
- 100g rolled oats
- 75g diced butter
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place the butter in to a large sautÃ© pan and turn the heat to medium. When melted, add the sliced leeks, stir around in the butter and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring all occasionally.
- When the leeks are soft, add the flour and stir around in the leeks for a few minutes. Now add half of the milk, stir well and bring to the boil. When the milk starts to thicken, add the remaining milk and repeat the process. Add the grated cheese, the mustard, the chopped parsley, season with salt and pepper and leave to cool.
- Make the crumble topping by combining the flour with the oats before adding the diced butter and combining together using your fingers. Once the mix resembles bread crumbs, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour your leeks into a baking dish and top with the crumble. Place into a hot oven to cook for 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Serve straight from the oven to the table.
Sophie Wright, one of the youngest stars of British cuisine creates a range of classic British dishes with a modern twist. The chef, author of ‘Home at 7, Dinner at 8’ has used her creative flair to develop six new contemporary recipes, which include weekday wonders and satisfying suppers.
Chicken breast roll garnished with Kalettes®
Chicken breast roll filled with roasted red pepper garnished with Kalettes® and potato cubes.
Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a Butter, Almond, Sage and Honey Granish
Why not try Giovanni Rana’s recipe for this traditional Italian summer favourite, Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a butter and almond garnish, as created by Mr Giovanni Rana and Antonella Rana in this short film.
Treat the family to pizza with a difference
For when you’re looking to sneak your five-a-day into the kids’ diets with ease, Cathryn’s vegetable tagine is jam-packed with flavourful vegetables, and is as hearty as it is healthy.
Advent Calendar Competition
This year we are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day from 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Our Little Globe, Stuck on You, Thermapen, Scentco UK, ToucanBox, HamaBeads, Orchard Toys, Pip Ahoy, Gotrovo and more, don't miss it!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!