Hidden Vegetable Pasta Sauce
30minutes cooking time
- 3 Carrots
- 2 Red Peppers
- 2 Onions
- 2 Corguettes
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Celery
- Passatta or tomatoes cooked down
- 1 tbs Mixed Herbs
- 500ml Vegetable stock (optional-makes the dish go further)
- 1 tsp Chilli powder or flakes
- 1 tsp Paprika
- A handful of Mushrooms
- 1 leek
- Chop all of the veg nice and small so that it cooks quicker.
- Drizzle a little oil into a large saucepan and soften the onions for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add all of the other vegetables and soften slightly.
- Add chopped tomatoes or passatta and stock and cook for 20mins.
- Remove from the heat and blitz until smooth with a hand blender or liquidiser.
- You can freeze this in smaller batches and just defrost the right portions as and when you need.
Photo by Jason Leung on Unsplash
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our Digital Content and Strategy Manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
Beef or Pork Ribs
The Stores chef Tim has a great recipe for BBQ ribs
Mexican Chicken and Mixed Pepper Fajitas
The Elmscot Group's cookbook -Children’s Mealtime Favourites
Leek, Stewed Venison and Wild Mushroom Pies
A proper pie that has a crispy, pastry top. Yum! Give this rich, full bodied pie a go, I can promise you that the combination of delicious British leeks, with venison and wild mushrooms are a match made in heaven.
Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a Butter, Almond, Sage and Honey Granish
Why not try Giovanni Rana’s recipe for this traditional Italian summer favourite, Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a butter and almond garnish, as created by Mr Giovanni Rana and Antonella Rana in this short film.
20% OFF PERSONALISED SCHOOL LABELS
School is about your kids losing themselves in learning; not about losing their supplies.
With Stuck On You, you can ensure nothing ever goes missing again—from clothes and shoes through to drink bottles and lunchboxes. For a limited time, take 20% off the entire range of Stuck On You labels!
Why seize the summer?
Explore Learning believe progress shouldn’t stop at the end of term, and research shows it shouldn’t either.
71% of parents think their children’s abilities drop by the time the new school year starts. We’ve developed a jam-packed summer programme of workshops to give your child the best start to the new school year. Save £50 this summer–why wait?