Hidden Vegetable Pasta Sauce
30minutes cooking time
- 3 Carrots
- 2 Red Peppers
- 2 Onions
- 2 Corguettes
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Celery
- 1 tbs Mixed Herbs
- 500ml Vegetable stock (optional-makes the dish go further)
- 1 tsp Chilli powder or flakes
- 1 tsp Paprika
- A handful of Mushrooms
- 1 leek
- Chop all of the veg nice and small so that it cooks quicker.
- Drizzle a little oil into a large saucepan and soften the onions for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add all of the other vegetables and soften slightly.
- Add chopped tomatoes or passatta and stock and cook for 20mins.
- Remove from the heat and blitz until smooth with a hand blender or liquidiser.
- You can freeze this in smaller batches and just defrost the right portions as and when you need.
Photo by Jason Leung on Unsplash
Ria has 2 girls and previously worked in nurseries for over 15 years and left managing a day nursery when her eldest was born. She now works for Raring2go! as our Digital Content and Strategy Manager
If you are interested in writing for Raring2go! or featuring on our site please email Ria.
My girls love garlic bread; it is so easy and cheap to make!
Like a sausage casserole but with the added scone topping!
I LOVE cottage pie - pure comfort food, and the kids help!
For when you’re looking to sneak your five-a-day into the kids’ diets with ease, Cathryn’s vegetable tagine is jam-packed with flavourful vegetables, and is as hearty as it is healthy.
Join Explore Learning and save £50
Since 2001 over 200,000 children have excelled academically, reached their potential and achieved the best possible results with Explore Learning. Mapped to the school curriculum, we ensure children progress academically and develop socially, changing their attitude towards learning.
Win with Raring2go!
Everyone likes to receive goodies in the post don't they?! With our regular competitions you are always in with a great chance of winning (as long as you enter of course!) Head on over to our competitions page and see what is on offer this month-you need to be a member, but that's free and easy to do! Go on, what are you waiting for?! Get winning!