Giovanni Rana’s mozzarella, tomatoes and olives ravioli
5minutes cooking time
- 140g All purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 55g Ricotta
- 30gr mozzarella, chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 10 olives, chopped
- 15g Parmigiano cheese
- Pinch of oregano
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 50g basil
- 25g Parmigiano cheese
- 5 soup spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cloves of garlic
- 50g pine nuts
- Pinch of salt
- Put the flour with the salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle then crack the eggs into the well, one at a time. Using your fingertips, mix well and begin to knead the fresh mixture into fresh dough.
- Put the dough on a table and knead well with both hands until the dough is smooth and elastic, rolling it out using a rolling pin if needed.
- mix the ricotta, mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, olives and Parmesan, adding a pinch of oregano, salt and pepper.
- Inside a mixer put the ingredients in the following order: basil, extra virgin oil, Parmigiano, salt and garlic. Mix all until the ingredients turn into a creamy and minced sauce.
- Toast the pine nuts for about 5 Ã¢- 10
- Roll the pasta to as thin as possible and using a pasta cutter or a knife, gently cut into squares.
- Spoon out a teaspoon of the filling into the centre of each pasta square.
- Carefully fold each pasta square diagonally and pinch the edges until closed. Then bring the corners together with your fingers and squeeze together.
- Cook the ravioli in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water and simmer gently for 4 minutes, avoiding overcooking.
- Drain the ravioli thoroughly and finish by serving with the pesto sauce on top. Finally add the toasted pine nuts.
For more than 50 years Giovanni Rana has been recognised as a symbol for good taste and quality products, creating fresh pasta and sauces for people to enjoy at home since 1962.
Ham baked in Ginger Ale
This is a delicious meal for any Sunday lunch (make sure your ham is big enough for leftovers the next day!
Treat the family to pizza with a difference
Spiced lamb with couscous salad
This is a very simple, but delicious meal, hot or cold.
Leek and Pulled Ham Bubble and Squeak with a Poached Egg
It’s always a wonder what to do with leftovers from a Sunday lunch. A few roast potatoes, a bit of cabbage, a spoonful of stray peas and perhaps a few overly crispy parsnips...
Win with Raring2go!
Everyone likes to receive goodies in the post don't they?! With our regular competitions you are always in with a great chance of winning (as long as you enter of course!) Head on over to our competitions page and see what is on offer this month-you need to be a member, but that's free and easy to do! Go on, what are you waiting for?! Get winning!
Write for Raring2go!
Do you want to have your voice heard, do you have something to say, be it funny, serious or helpful hints and tips? We love having contributors articles and blogs online. If you think Raring2go! is the right place for your work to be seen we would love to hear from you. You can read more about what we are looking for in our article by clicking here