Giovanni Rana’s mozzarella, tomatoes and olives ravioli
5minutes cooking time
- 140g All purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 55g Ricotta
- 30gr mozzarella, chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 10 olives, chopped
- 15g Parmigiano cheese
- Pinch of oregano
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 50g basil
- 25g Parmigiano cheese
- 5 soup spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cloves of garlic
- 50g pine nuts
- Pinch of salt
- Put the flour with the salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle then crack the eggs into the well, one at a time. Using your fingertips, mix well and begin to knead the fresh mixture into fresh dough.
- Put the dough on a table and knead well with both hands until the dough is smooth and elastic, rolling it out using a rolling pin if needed.
- mix the ricotta, mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, olives and Parmesan, adding a pinch of oregano, salt and pepper.
- Inside a mixer put the ingredients in the following order: basil, extra virgin oil, Parmigiano, salt and garlic. Mix all until the ingredients turn into a creamy and minced sauce.
- Toast the pine nuts for about 5 â 10
- Roll the pasta to as thin as possible and using a pasta cutter or a knife, gently cut into squares.
- Spoon out a teaspoon of the filling into the centre of each pasta square.
- Carefully fold each pasta square diagonally and pinch the edges until closed. Then bring the corners together with your fingers and squeeze together.
- Cook the ravioli in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water and simmer gently for 4 minutes, avoiding overcooking.
- Drain the ravioli thoroughly and finish by serving with the pesto sauce on top. Finally add the toasted pine nuts.
For more than 50 years Giovanni Rana has been recognised as a symbol for good taste and quality products, creating fresh pasta and sauces for people to enjoy at home since 1962.
Better than a takeaway! Use more or less spice to suit
Chip shop cod fillets
Served with homemade curry sauce, chips & minted mushy peas.
Mexican Chicken and Mixed Pepper Fajitas
The Elmscot Group's cookbook -Children’s Mealtime Favourites
So many fillings to choose from with this delicious folded pizza!
Geronimo Festival is back for 2018 and is bigger and better than ever before with not one, but two events for you to enjoy! Book early for the best prices and then join us for tonnes of fun this Summer! We can't wait!
Eye-boggling events near you
If you are looking for something new and exciting to do this Easter then look no further than than Fantastic for Families...the nation's new listings website for families. Click here for their top picks for creative family outings this Easter!