Giovanni Rana’s mozzarella, tomatoes and olives ravioli
5minutes cooking time
- 140g All purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 55g Ricotta
- 30gr mozzarella, chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 10 olives, chopped
- 15g Parmigiano cheese
- Pinch of oregano
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 50g basil
- 25g Parmigiano cheese
- 5 soup spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cloves of garlic
- 50g pine nuts
- Pinch of salt
- Put the flour with the salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle then crack the eggs into the well, one at a time. Using your fingertips, mix well and begin to knead the fresh mixture into fresh dough.
- Put the dough on a table and knead well with both hands until the dough is smooth and elastic, rolling it out using a rolling pin if needed.
- mix the ricotta, mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, olives and Parmesan, adding a pinch of oregano, salt and pepper.
- Inside a mixer put the ingredients in the following order: basil, extra virgin oil, Parmigiano, salt and garlic. Mix all until the ingredients turn into a creamy and minced sauce.
- Toast the pine nuts for about 5 â 10
- Roll the pasta to as thin as possible and using a pasta cutter or a knife, gently cut into squares.
- Spoon out a teaspoon of the filling into the centre of each pasta square.
- Carefully fold each pasta square diagonally and pinch the edges until closed. Then bring the corners together with your fingers and squeeze together.
- Cook the ravioli in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water and simmer gently for 4 minutes, avoiding overcooking.
- Drain the ravioli thoroughly and finish by serving with the pesto sauce on top. Finally add the toasted pine nuts.
For more than 50 years Giovanni Rana has been recognised as a symbol for good taste and quality products, creating fresh pasta and sauces for people to enjoy at home since 1962.
So many fillings to choose from with this delicious folded pizza!
Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a Butter, Almond, Sage and Honey Granish
Why not try Giovanni Rana’s recipe for this traditional Italian summer favourite, Italian Cheeses Ravioli with a butter and almond garnish, as created by Mr Giovanni Rana and Antonella Rana in this short film.
Tangy Chicken and Mango Fajitas
Why not join the fajita craze with taste developer Andrea Lembke, who’s serving up her favourite dish with a twist this summer with her favourite recipe for Tangy Chicken and Mango fajitas
Leek, Stewed Venison and Wild Mushroom Pies
A proper pie that has a crispy, pastry top. Yum! Give this rich, full bodied pie a go, I can promise you that the combination of delicious British leeks, with venison and wild mushrooms are a match made in heaven.
Looking for ways to save money on those family days out? Want the best discounts on those cinema trips? How about getting “Kids Eat Free” at that family meal out? Or get the best deal when booking that UK summer break?
We have the answer!!!
Kids Pass is the UK’s No. 1 family discount pass used by parents.
Click here to join over 1 million members...
Become a member today!
Becoming a member of Raring2go! is quick and simple, and even better - it is FREE! For a couple of minutes of your time signing up you will be rewarded with a national and local newsletter monthly, as well as being eligible to take advantage of our members only discounts and competitions! What more do you need? Sign up today!