30minutes cooking time
- Pizza Sauce
- See below for other ideas
- Make a basic bread dough. I always add herbs and smoked paprika to make it a bit tastier.
- Leave to prove until double its size.
- Whilst waiting for your dough prepare the toppings.You can use any vegetables you like but I always like to cook my peppers and onions off for a bit before putting into the calzone.
- If your'e using raw meats then cook them here too.
- When your dough is ready knock the air out of it then tear off portions to make your base.
- Push out the dough into a circle (slightly wet or oiled hands help)
- Add a pizza sauce and your toppings along with generous helpings of mozzarella.
- Fold over and crimp the edges with a slight twist to ensure no leaks. Make sure you patch up any holes with extra dough.
- Bake until golden (approx. 30mins at 180c fan).
- Serve with extra sauce and a grating of parmasan.
- Onions, Red pepper, Sweetcorn, Parma ham, Chorizo, Salami, Mozzarella
- Chicken, Chorizo, Fresh basil, Onions, Red and yellow pepper, Mozzarella
- Courgette, Onion, Red pepper, Spinach, Sweetcorn, Cheddar, Mozzarella
The Howting Family
Isabella and Ben are the cutest half of our family - aged 3 and almost 1 they keep Mummy and Daddy on our toes! As a family we love getting creative, making a mess (Ben), dressing up (Isabella) and family days out.
Meatballs with tomato sauce.
Delicious homemade meatballs and tomato sauce - a perfect winter warmer!
Tangy Chicken and Mango Fajitas
Why not join the fajita craze with taste developer Andrea Lembke, who’s serving up her favourite dish with a twist this summer with her favourite recipe for Tangy Chicken and Mango fajitas
Cathryn’s absolute favourites, a Waldorf Salad. The fresh flavours make for a perfect light lunch and as an added bonus; the meal is full of good dietary fibre. Result!
Rice and Raisin Pilaf
For a dinner party dish, you’ll be ‘hostess with the mostess’ with Cathryn’s delicious raisin and rice pilaf. This humble dish is a blend of both sweet and savoury flavours with a regal past, once served at banquets for Alexander the Great.
Advent Calendar Competition
This year we are bringing back our Advent Calendar Competition on our Facebook page! Each day from 1st - 24th December we will be running a task on the page and picking someone to win a prize bundle. With prizes from Our Little Globe, Stuck on You, Thermapen, Scentco UK, ToucanBox, HamaBeads, Orchard Toys, Pip Ahoy, Gotrovo and more, don't miss it!
If you are looking for ideas to keep the children busy throughout the Christmas holidays, or the kids want some ideas and inspiration for cards and gifts them take a look at our Winter KidsZone. Jam packed full of fun ideas that everyone can get involved in! Activities for indoors and out - some are messy, some are not! What are you waiting for?!?!