30minutes cooking time
- Pizza Sauce
- See below for other ideas
- Make a basic bread dough. I always add herbs and smoked paprika to make it a bit tastier.
- Leave to prove until double its size.
- Whilst waiting for your dough prepare the toppings.You can use any vegetables you like but I always like to cook my peppers and onions off for a bit before putting into the calzone.
- If your'e using raw meats then cook them here too.
- When your dough is ready knock the air out of it then tear off portions to make your base.
- Push out the dough into a circle (slightly wet or oiled hands help)
- Add a pizza sauce and your toppings along with generous helpings of mozzarella.
- Fold over and crimp the edges with a slight twist to ensure no leaks. Make sure you patch up any holes with extra dough.
- Bake until golden (approx. 30mins at 180c fan).
- Serve with extra sauce and a grating of parmasan.
- Onions, Red pepper, Sweetcorn, Parma ham, Chorizo, Salami, Mozzarella
- Chicken, Chorizo, Fresh basil, Onions, Red and yellow pepper, Mozzarella
- Courgette, Onion, Red pepper, Spinach, Sweetcorn, Cheddar, Mozzarella
The Howting Family
Isabella and Ben are the cutest half of our family - aged 4 and 2 they keep Mummy and Daddy on our toes! As a family we love getting creative, making a mess (Ben), dressing up (Isabella) and family days out.
Healthy Pasta Salad
Try making this healthy pasta salad at home.
Traffic Light Puffs
Traffic light puffs, a terrific recipe and fun to make!
Cathryn’s absolute favourites, a Waldorf Salad. The fresh flavours make for a perfect light lunch and as an added bonus; the meal is full of good dietary fibre. Result!
Meatballs with tomato sauce.
Delicious homemade meatballs and tomato sauce - a perfect winter warmer!
Naughty but nice Puddings!
Check out our delicious puddings, my favourite is the limoncello trifle, not suitable for the kids, but there are some other scrummy recipes that the whole family can enjoy! Take a look in our pudding section for recipes to make summer BBQ's and eating alfresco all the more tasty! My girls LOVE the chocolate pizza - making it, but mostly eating it!
Over the weekends and holidays there are always times when your children need some chill out time, or to fill an hour or so, or they say the dreaded 5 letter word - BORED! Well, our KidsZone is here to rescue you and them from these moments. Full of puzzles, colouring in sheets and activities from films and programmes there is lots to keep busy!